Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klingon Attack Question?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A realted question, are the Feds, Klinks, Roms, exc, Done if FC or will they see more ships later? If they do, is the product known?

"Since my customary greeting would seem entirely self serving, I will simply say good luck."

"Live long and Prosper."
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is at least one more ship for everyone but the Orions. For those wondering "which fed?" It's the CB
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Requete wrote:
Pretty interesting, though. I had gotten the impression that maybe the newer ships were over on the Romulan border for some reason, or that they were in production contemporary with the Romulan invasion. Guess not.
Smile

Actually Req you would be suprised how wrong that assumption really is =p. At the time the Romulians Attacked the Federation or as it is known "The Day of the Eagle". Every Worn Out, One Off, and Jury Rigged ship the Federation had was on the Romulian Border and all the New Ships were being feed in to the Maw of the relentless Klingon Assult.

Heck half the ships on the Romulian Border were still basiclly Middle Year Ships waiting on their Refits or Battle Damged Units sent from the Western Front to be repaired and Refitted so they could be sent back to the "Real" war.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"

Last edited by Dal Downing on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS Enterprise wrote:
A realted question, are the Feds, Klinks, Roms, exc, Done if FC or will they see more ships later? If they do, is the product known?

They all have more ships to come.

The Klingons (and Kzinti) will get a couple ships in Hydran Attack when it comes out later this year. The Romulans and Gorns will get more ships in Gorn Attack whenever it comes out. The Feds will likely get a token ship in Gorn Attack, too.

The only empires that are fairly close to "running out of ships" are the Federation and Orion. Most of the other empires have at least a handful of ships that are not in the game yet. The Klingons have many ships that could be done. The Romulans have vast quantities of ships that could be done. (Seriously, even after Gorn Attack, we could have a Romulan Attacks Again! with just Romulan ships and still have possible ships left over.)

And all of this only covers the classes currently in the game. If we add new classes (e.g. Fast War Cruisers, Heavy Command Cruisers, Tugs, LTTs), then there are even more options and possibilities.

Simply put, there are just so many ships in the SFU, that it will take a while longer for Federation Commander to run out of ships ...

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SFB game currently has over 2000 ships in it. I don't think Fed Comm is even close.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do a Federation Counterattacks Set Smile
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the Feds gonna have more ships.

I again second my rewuest for a Heavy Plasma-Armed Cruiser.

"Since my customary greeting would seem entirely self serving, I will simply say good luck."

"Live long and Prosper."
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually... the Federation will get an LTT, a Tug, a CWL, and a DWL... among others.
But as the Plasma armed heavy crusier doesn't exist in SFB (officially), I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it in Federation Commander.

But as has been previously stated, you can create one for your own use in your local, face-to-face games - you just won't be able to bring it to a sanctioned Federation Commander tournament.
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think it will be introduced in FC anytime soon, if ever, but it seems to me that on the Klingon Border, the Fed Seeking Weapon should be Drones, on the Romulan Border, Plasma would be the seeking weapon. Please disprove this view.

"Live long and Prosper."
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately, the Feds only got a handful of Pl-F launchers to use from the Gorn. That's why they don't use them a lot.
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in SFB they have a Plasma Frigate.

Are the timelines consistant with each other?

"Live long and Prosper."
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS Enterprise wrote:
I don't really think it will be introduced in FC anytime soon, if ever, but it seems to me that on the Klingon Border, the Fed Seeking Weapon should be Drones, on the Romulan Border, Plasma would be the seeking weapon. Please disprove this view.

SVC said he would jot it down as a possible filler somewhere. So it very well may show up in the SFU like the CAD (Heavy Cruiser Drone Bombardment Ship) showed up. And remember FedCom saw the Fed oCA first, So we may see this ship or the New Heavy Plasma Cruiser before they show up in a Captian's Log. (Hmmmm... a CBF now that may be a wicked little ship.)

Several people have explained why drones are the major Secondary Weapon System for the Federation. It would be pointless to keep bring it up since you seem to be search for the Logical Conclusion that you already have. And there is not a single thing wrong with that.

If in you own gaming groups the Federation goes a different route and drastically expanse its use of a experiential weapon system. More power to you. But in the SFU Plasma on Fed ships are a uncommon occurrencee and most all of Starfleet focuses on the use of Drones as their secondary weapon system. Thats is just the way the History Developed.

Plasma Torpedoes appeared on Federation ships for 2 reasons. One was logically if the Federation was ever going to fight the Romulians they need a operational experience with plasma weapons systems. So they went and bought a couple of "F" Launchers from the Gorns. Once they got the weapons they need a Test Bed Ship to mount them on and they decided to use a Old Destroyer. The up swing of this was it was seen as a way to improve the destroyers combat effectiveness since it has a major problem walking (moving) and chewing gum (firing its weapons) at the same time.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, it has been stated before that ships are designed and built with certain weapon systems in mind. The general design of Fed ships is for photons to be their heavy weapon armament. Even adding a couple of Pl-F's and displacing photons for them would be a major shipyard undertaking. That's why I always figured we wouldn't see plasma-armed Fed ships as a general rule.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feds also are assisted by the carronade against the roms.
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they have PL F's.

"Live long and Prosper."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: