Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Campaign on FCOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Campaign on FCOL Reply with quote

I just read Kedrake's campaign thread, and I think it would be fun to do one now. I know we don't really have enough Lyrans, Hydrans, WYN's or ISC's yet, but I still think it could be done. What do you guys think?
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in playing in some sort of campaign, depending on how involved it is. Giving battles a "before" and "after" sounds great!

Garrett
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.

Heck, when Federation Admiral comes out, I'd like to be the Moderator of a FA campaign. I was thinking it'd be a small one, the local campaign size where players are the commodores of a section of the border. Federation vs Klingons, because there are all the ships for those empires in the client already. I'll post a thread on it when FA comes out.
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pinecone!

I don't know anything about Kedrake's campaign, but I would be into a mini-campaign. Nothing too extravagant considering my limited playing time.

I'm also not a big fan of every-man-for-himself games. (or woman!) I prefer 2 teams if there are more than 2 players.

Not sure if that matches this Kedrake campaign.

"Cripple Fight" anyone? Smile
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, then you could try diplomacy... Smile
DoggieMon
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Campaign on FCOL Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
I just read Kedrake's campaign thread, and I think it would be fun to do one now. I know we don't really have enough Lyrans, Hydrans, WYN's or ISC's yet, but I still think it could be done. What do you guys think?

I'm in!
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've got to much talk and not enough walk here. Let's set the rules and name a day to play the first turn. We could use my old rules if we want...
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found them. Here they are:
Pinecone’s Campaign Rules

A.) STARTING THE GAME

Each empire starts with a 100 point planet, a ship up to 200 points (what’s left over from that gets carried to the next turn), a large freighter and a Starbase

B.) REASEARCH

Ships to research that move into a new hex roll a die (Multiple times) to see what they found. What is found in a system stays there until it is destroyed or moves. An enemy squadron or monster will move one hex in any direction (determined by die roll) after spending a turn in a hex. Here are the tables:

First Roll:
1 Occupied, Empty
2-3 empty
4 terrain
5 Derelict, may have terrain
6 Planet, May be occupied

To see whether terrain roll (Derelict only)
1 no terrain
2-6 terrain

To see whether Occupied roll (Planet only)
1-2 Occupied
3-6 Not Occupied

Occupied roll:
1 Monster
2 three ships up to 300 total points
3-6 single (up to) 100 point ship

Derelict Roll:
1-2 (up to) 100 point ship
3-4 (up to) 200 point ship
5 (up to) 250 point ship
6 Dead Monster

Monster/Dead Monster roll:
1 Deathprobe
2-3 Juggernaught
4 Planet killer
5 Old Space Dragon
6 Moray Eel

Ship/ Derelict Roll (2 dice):
2 Federation
3 Klingon
4 Kzinti
5 Tholian
6 Orion
7 Gorn
8 Romulan
9 Seletorian
10 Lyran
11 Hydran
12 roll 2nd ship/ Derelict roll

2nd Ship/ Derelict Roll:
1-2 WYN
3-4 LDR
5-6 Vudar

Terrain roll:
1-2 1 Point Asteroids
3-4 2 Point Asteroids
5 Wormhole (connects to next wormhole found)
6 Roll 2nd Terrain roll

2nd Terrain roll:
1-2 1 Point Asteroids
3-4 2 Point Asteroids
5-6 Black Hole (Ship(s) destroyed, system useless)

Planet roll:
1 10 Point Planet
2 25 Point Planet
3-4 50 Point Planet
5 75 Point Planet
6 Roll 2nd Planet roll

2nd Planet roll:
1 10 Point Planet
2 25 Point Planet
3-4 50 Point Planet
5-6 100 Point Planet

C) MOVEMENT AND GAINING TERRITORY
Ships can move 3 spaces on the master map in one turn. If they move into an enemy territory with more than one ship, they need a command ship (explained later). Fast ships and Light Dreadnaughts can move 4 spaces. All movement is written down (Hex by Hex) and then executed. If two opposing ships (or fleets) meet, they fight. If there is no enemy in a territory, or you destroy the enemy, you gain the territory.

If your territory is invaded, you may choose to execute the first hex, but then change the rest of your move (reflecting that you got the message of an invasion force).

Freighters can move only one hex each turn.

Stations can’t move at all.

D) BATTLING AND COMMAND
When you invade enemy territory with more than one ship, you need a flagship. A flagship is a vessel with a flag bridge. One extra ship may be added for each flag bridge at that location. Defenders may have more than one ship without a flagship, but it restricts them (below).

In a battle that took place on no one’s territory, each ship must stay in the fight for at least two turns. Then they can retire (described in briefing 1). Attackers into enemy territory can retire at any time so long that they have a flagship. Defenders can retire after two turns if they have a flagship. Once the order to retire is given, it will continue, even if the flagship is destroyed.

When Flag bridges on invading ships are destroyed, that many invading ships must retire immediately.

E.) POINTS AND PRODUCTION

Each turn in the Purchasing Phase (Below), count up the number of points you have. Each Planet and asteroid field gives you points (above). Besides that, freighters in a planet system give extra points (below) up to the amount the planet usually gives, and spacestations double the efficiency of freighters (So you need fewer, not so they can go triple the normal point value of the system).

Space Stations must be built in order (COM, MB, BS, BATS, SB)

Commercial Platforms x2
Mobile Bases x3
Base Stations x1
Battlestations x2
Starbase x4

Free Trader +1
Prime trader +1
APT +1
Armed Cutter +0
Small Freighter +2
Large Freighter +3
Heavy Freighter+4

When you build a ship, you must pay its cost in points. Once built, the ship is placed at any of your planets. Any unspent points can be saved until next turn. When you build a Small Freighter, you may designate it as a repair ship. A repair ship gives no point bonus, but has some extra benefits (Below).

Some ships may only be built after a race has been at war for 3 turns. These ships are ones that have War, New, Neo, Medium, Battleship, or Heavy dreadnaught in their name.

When a ship is damaged, it cannot fight again until it is repaired. To repair a ship, pay half of its cost in points while it is in the same hex as a planet, base, or Small freighter (Designated as a repair ship).

F.) WHAT DOES A SHIP DO?

After ships move, they may scout the territory they entered, and/or battle any enemies there. If enemies are encountered, friendly ships within a one hex radius may arrive at the battle on turn 3 (Fast Warships and Light Dreadnaughts can arrive on turn 2).

G.) TURN SEQUENCE

1. Purchasing
2. Diplomacy
3. Movement
4. Research
5. Second Diplomacy phase
6. Battles
7. Rubbing in your victory against the person you defeated.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, we could do a Campaign like the Organized play group? Like the klingon invasion played out as the scenarios.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: