Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reference Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich Stokes
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reference Cards Reply with quote

Hi there,

I recently bought a copy of Klingon Border and I have to say that I really like the new game. My brief brushes with SFB in the past made me feel that it was far too complex for my personal tastes, but FC seems to have the right balance of depth vs crunch for me, so top marks!

The only thing is that my copy of Klingon Border came with the reference cards from Romulan Border instead of the Klingon ones. I suspect that this is nothing to worry about since they have all the relevant info on them as far as I can tell, but just wanted to check.

(I assume that it makes business sense to only have one type of reference card for all products, since that makes stock and logistics much easier!)

Thanks all,

Rich
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The references cards are the same in both core sets - Klingon Border and Romulan Border. A couple of revisions were made between the two to make the Romulan Border version better than it's predecessor, so that's the version being distributed in all new copies of FC.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we ran out of Klingon Border cards we put in the 99.9% identical Romulan border cards (which fix one glitch on the original Klingon card). When we run out of Romulan cards, we will use generic ones that don't say what border they are for.
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
When we ran out of Klingon Border cards we put in the 99.9% identical Romulan border cards (which fix one glitch on the original Klingon card). When we run out of Romulan cards, we will use generic ones that don't say what border they are for.

Is the Generic one the big sheet that came in Orion attack?
Rich Stokes
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asguard101 wrote:
Steve Cole wrote:

Is the Generic one the big sheet that came in Orion attack?

No. The generic Player Reference card for Klingon Border and Romulan Border looks exactly like the card from Romulan Border, except that it just says "Federation Commander" without saying "Romulan Border".

The big sheet in Orion Attack was a complete weapons chart (with some extra stuff, too, like H&R and probes).

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Kahuna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too recently bought both the Romulan and Klingon borders and assumed (rightly so this time it seems) that it was to help standardize some of the material.

On a similar note, I also recently purchased the newer Reference Book and am glad to have all these rules in one place. As some of the newer material starts making its way to the players (such as Andromedans, etc) are we going to be able to buy an updated book or will it start to become obsolete?

Once more I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. Being newer to the forums means I haven't read through every post yet.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably, a new "version 6" RRB will be done some time after War & Peace comes out, and will include the new rules (and make any corrections/updates that are necessary).

Note that W&P doesn't come out until next year, and it will probably take some time after that before a v6 RRB is done.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: