Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Coming of the Meteor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You know, in War, the odds are just not fair sometimes. Ask the Captian [sic] of the USS Hood.

I think the introduction of Federation Admiral by VBAM will produce a lot of scenarios like this, but it will supposedly have a very quick way to resolve them. Battles that are more even will be fought using FC. FA could even replace the need for specialty scenarios to be submitted/published by ADB anymore (other than porting over the old SFB scenarios).

The Coming of the Meteor is in Briefing #1, not #2. Checking the "Towing" section it says,

Quote:
Simultaneous towing attempts would both move the meteor and both ships and could actually move the meteor closer to the planet!

Two sentences later it says,

Quote:
The effect of this movement is solely to move the meteor onto a path parallel with its original path; the meteor still moves one hex in direction C each turn regardless of anything else.

I don't understand what that first quote means. Surely both ships would not attempt to tow the meteor in the same direction.

The second quote says the meteor can only move 1 hex in direction C each turn. No amount of tractoring by either or both ships can change that.

Simply trying to understand this...

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Active Ingredient
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike : To answer your original question, I have played it a few times. This was definitely a fun scenario, but nowhere near balanced. IOHO. After we each got clobbered being the Klingon, we just gave the Fed a smaller ship -- (a CL maybe?) to fix it.

Eblack: Just curious -- did you actually win as the Klingon? Or are you simply theorizing. (Nothing wrong with theorizing. Very Happy )

Kang: I had the same idea as you as the F5 and (rightly or wrongly) pulled the Asteroid one hex closer to the planet. But on turn 10 I was kicking myself because the Fed had pulled it away, and I just needed 1 more turn to pull it back into position. So I lost because of my turn 1 “bright idea”. Laughing
eblack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the SFB version a long time ago and won as an F5 (or whatever ship was used in that scenerio). So I am mostly theorizing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: