Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firing procedure question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gbierl
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Firing procedure question Reply with quote

I did a quick search for this and could not find it.

Is it legal to fire weapons during a sub-pulse or must all fire be resolved at the end of the impulse?

Example: During impulse one/sub-pulse 2 a Fed CA fires his photons against an opponent. Could he then follow this up with a phaser barrage on impulse one/subpulse 3?

Grg
eblack
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All firing is done after the movement sub-pulses. First Defensive Fire, then Offensive Fire, (Other Functions), then Seeking Weapons.

Normally nothing fires during the Other Functions phase.
Kahuna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, being an old SFB player myself, I made the same mistake on this same rule. We were playing with each sub-pulse being it's own impulse. I did this the first 4 games or so. It's the way we did it in SFB, it's the way I thought it continued. I just didn't understand the rules well enough. I was thinking that the game was going quicker, just not that much quicker. I kept reading the rules trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Then it hit me that we were supposed to do all the moving that impulse first. It goes so much smoother now, though more than one sub-pulse I thought to myself that I wanted to "fire!" at that moment.
gbierl
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what happened to me. After playing SFB for decades it's easy to see each one as an individual impulse. I like the FC system better as it brings a whole new tactical approach to movement.

Thanks for the clarifiction guys!

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: