Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hydran Attack
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahuna wrote:
pinecone wrote:
It will be here in 2009 sometime. There are at least two ISC ships in FC now too. Booster 0 hads the Star Cruiser.

Understood. I was kind of hoping to make an eschelon with more than the cruiser and the destroyer. I'm happy to see it's on the schedule for this year though.

The fleet scale CL/CS is in Captain's Log 33.

But, regardless, the ISC are really easy to convert from SFB to FC, since they don't have any fiddly "security stations" or "drone racks" or anything like that. Just plasma and PPDs (and phasers). So, you should be able to the SFB SSDs for squadron scale units in FC. This is especially true for all of the "base" ships like the CC, CA, CL, DD, and FF. This will let you use the ISC in FC. (This all assumes, of course, that you have the SFB SSDs handy.)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Kahuna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
But, regardless, the ISC are really easy to convert from SFB to FC, since they don't have any fiddly "security stations" or "drone racks" or anything like that. Just plasma and PPDs (and phasers). So, you should be able to the SFB SSDs for squadron scale units in FC. This is especially true for all of the "base" ships like the CC, CA, CL, DD, and FF. This will let you use the ISC in FC. (This all assumes, of course, that you have the SFB SSDs handy.)

Yes I do, and I have already been tinkering around with some of the SFB SSDs. Because echelons are pretty unwieldy, I think that the fleet scale is going to make it more fun. I'll continue to be patient as currently there is plenty of material to play with.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISC are in War & Peace set for release at Origins 2010.

The CC, CA, DD, and FF are all in the Captain's Circle.

The CL is in Captain's Log. Ask me nicely by email and maybe I'll have Eric put it on the Commander's Cirlce.

Are there more ISC ships needed than that?

Oh, a DN and BB, but those have to wait for W&P. We cannot give away EVERYTHING you know.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the selection of ISC ships for W&P is made, that would still leave a number of ships from SFB which could be shown elsewhere.

For example, ships like the system cruiser, blockade runner and war cruiser might be options, if none of those can make the W&P cut.

Indeed, one ship I'd like to see one day would be the early dreadnought - which would have been a factor on the Gorn and Romulan frontiers in the era of first contact.
Kahuna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often wondered if the ISC even used any early or middle years ships. I'm sure they did and I may not even realize that I already own some of them in SFB, but that sounds like fun as well. Thanks for reminding me of that as well Nerroth.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ISC Y-era Navy is in Module Y2, as are the five W-era fleets the five core worlds used while still separate governments (and at the dawn of the ISC proper).
asguard101
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought of a question I have been meaning to ask.

Is the Hellbore Stinger slated to come out in Hydran Attack?

and if not is it slated for BoM or some other product?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stinger-H is not slated for Hydran Attack, or anything else I know of, including BoM. There is a decent change the Stinger-H will never actually make it into Federation Commander. (Though, if you ask Steve nicely, and he is in a good mood, you never know what he could decide ...)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: