Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Booster #91 availability?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Booster #91 availability? Reply with quote

Is Booster #91 now released to general sale, or was it just the few copies that were sold at Origins that are in existence?

And if it is on general sale, are some on their way to Esdevium Games for sale in the UK?
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered it today and was told it's available now, but only from ADB. However, from ADB youw on't get a cover. When the cover is completed it will be available to retailers. So I went ahead and ordered it.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any new word on when the cover printing will be completed? This is definitely one where I want the cover and I've been holding off ordering, pending that.
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
Is there any new word on when the cover printing will be completed? This is definitely one where I want the cover and I've been holding off ordering, pending that.

I can only answer what she told me. I'm really sorry I don't remember her name. It was like Leeana or something. I've always been terrible with names.

Anyways, she said that I could order Booster #91 now and when the covers are complete I can contact them and still get one. So, I ordered the booster and just might do as she suggested.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahuna: It was Leanna (Cole) and she's Steve's wife.

Usually, you can order a product likethis w/o a cover and then, later when the covers are avaialable -you can get Leanna (sales at starfleetgames dot com) to send you one.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone out there who has not ordered boosters directly from ADB, in my experience, the jacket is not normally included and the product does not come shrink-wrapped, just loose cards in a ziplock bag.

You can ask for the booster jacket to be included, of course (then I think they put in the whole wrapped product, been a while since I ordered).

This makes sense to save on costs since you're just going to throw away the plastic, and not everyone really wants the jackets (I'm one who does).

And, ADB will also send you the jacket for a booster you have purchased from them previously that did not have a jacket included. You need to pay shipping or ask to have the jacket(s) included with another order that you place.

Once again, this has been my experience, and things may have changed, but Leanna has been great with making things turn out stellar. ADB has the best customer service of any game/miniatures company that I've dealt with.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point OG, and I think I'll just order it up tonight and request the folio-cover once they are around. I'd love to get the Fed DD and Tug cards sooner rather than later.
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you guys know, it's definitly worth the money Smile

Then again, I have always liked the Feds... Smile
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release date for booster 91 is 24 Aug. That is when it will be shipped to Esdevium (presuming they order it, and they order everything, usually the single biggest order if you don't combine the four Alliance orders).

The guys are right. If you mail order a booster you won't get the cover since 90% of people throw the cover away. If you ask for "with cover" you will get it that way. If you buy it without the cover and ask in a future order to have them include the "missing" cover they will.

Leanna is, indeed, my darling wife of 31+ years (six weeks to 32 years). She's also the Chief Financial Officer, She Who Must Be Obeyed, the only one allowed to handle money, one of four Vice Presidents, and is generally referred to as 'the boss lady'.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
....my darling wife of 31+ years (six weeks to 32 years)...

...and I bet he's never forgotten a single anniversary either. Aaaah! Smile
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
The guys are right. If you mail order a booster you won't get the cover since 90% of people throw the cover away. If you ask for "with cover" you will get it that way. If you buy it without the cover and ask in a future order to have them include the "missing" cover they will

Really!? I'll have to ask for that in my next order! Will it work for boosters 1-6 which I bought a year ago too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: