Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reference Rulebook Correction List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reference Rulebook Correction List Reply with quote

I realize that there are only a few minor typos in the new Reference Rulebook for FC, but I have been just a little hesitant to make a purchase.

If a thread here could be started that contained the changes that should be made to the new Reference Rulebook to fix the typos, it would certainly generate more confidence about making a purchase. Though it is not the best way of doing things, at least players would have one place to look to find all the typos. We could fix the typos ourselves since it has been stated elsewhere that the rulebook won't get updated for a long time.

I would suggest that the thread be locked to prevent unnecessary posts that would make the thread difficult to follow. If players find additional problems, personal messages could be sent to Mike West.

I am assuming that the existing CRUL is the list of fixes to the rules in general. The suggestion I'm making here is specifically for the new Reference Rulebook. Personally, I don't want to fork over about $15 for something that I already know has some typos in it unless I know there is an easy-to-find source for fixing those typos.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, the published list of errors in the Reference Rulebook are in Communique #42. (There is nothing new in #43 or #44.) There will be a couple more items soon (which are pure typoes), but currently, the only list is in Communique #42.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, come on. Are a few typos going to stop you from buying a product with such great cover art Wink ?
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the rules for the WYN radiation zone that were left out be posted? That's the only major thing not in the RRB imho.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverin61 wrote:
Will the rules for the WYN radiation zone that were left out be posted? That's the only major thing not in the RRB imho.

I doubt it. Quite frankly, the WYN radiation zone rules are pretty pointless without the WYN, and for that you need Hydran Attack, where the rules are printed.

Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but without all of the rules, it isn't really a Reference rulebook.

Description from the shopping cart listing (emphasis added):

Everything In One Place!

The most requested Federation Commander product, the Reference Rulebook is the complete rulebook players have demanded. This is the complete rulebook, with all of the rules from Klingon Border, Klingon Attack, Romulan Border, Romulan Attack, Tholian Attack, Booster Zero, Battleships Attack, Communique, Distant Kingdoms, Orion Attack, and Captain’s Log. This includes all of the RULES with all of the updates, revisions, examples, expansions, corrections ... all of it!

This is a RULE book and does not include scenarios or ship descriptions. It’s just the rules, ma’am.

But it is ALL OF THE RULES, in one book, in order, front to back, with everything added, inserted, edited into the rules, and rewritten to clarify the rules and make them high and tight, ready for battle.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverin61 wrote:
True, but without all of the rules, it isn't really a Reference rulebook.

Look, you can be as pedantic as you want. The fact of the matter was that that specific rule was missed. I do wish we wouldn't have, but it is what it is.

So, if a mistake in missing a rule that is almost never used nullifies the utility of the Reference Rulebook, so be it. Buy what you want; don't buy want you don't want. But beating me over the head for a mistake is not going to make the mistake go away.

Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I'll check Comm. #42.

I still think listing everything in a locked thread here would be a good thing to do. Then the space in Comm. could be used for things more worthwhile.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
But beating me over the head for a mistake is not going to make the mistake go away.

That was not my intention. I was not addressing my opinion to you personally, and I'm sorry if you took it that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: