Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCOL try out
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I couldn't make Friday pinecone, I've been laid out with a virus for a couple of days, and only been up for a couple of brief periods when bed got to boring.

Are you on for another go sometime this coming week, tuesday again? same fleet scale action, you choose a side and see how much I can remember.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tuseday Works, and if not I'd still like a rematch (I'll be more careful manvering this time Wink ). Name a time and maybe we can get rolling Smile .

P.S. I' sorry you're not feeling well Sad I hope you get better soon.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops - missed the name a time part - I was just going for same time as last tuesda.

I'm on and waiting at the moment if you see this soon enough.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - that was a bit of a misunderstanding.

What about tomorrow about 9pm(bst), 4pm(edt)?
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure 4pm works, though I can't stay past 7pm (my time) Hopefully I'll see you then Smile
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rematch played. Fleet scale duel again. Me taking over with the phase advancing.

Pinecone pulled a fast one Cool and dropped down a Kzinti BC, there was me thinking as a demo player it was D7 vs CA. But it was only me who was restricted. Make sense, but definately threw me as I rapidly had to re-evaluate tactics for the D7.

On reviewing the last logs of the D7 and going over it's last port of call records it was noted that the commander was flying with a rookie crew, but that he was probably not aware of this as that had not been the crew he was supposed to have been provided with. Court martial of appropiate Klingon Resources department personnel to be held.

There was an initial exchange of shots at range 9-15 which set the tone for the entire game, the Kzinti hit with both Disr and ph1s, whereas the Klink missed twice.

Turn 2 saw the klink facing 2 drone stacks of 2 each, with the Kzinti BC behind them having dropped to speed 8. Going speed 24 he manouvered well, refusing to close until he drew out max range overloads from the Kzinti with the intention to then dive in and blast the Kzinti at point blank range. The Kzinti fell for it, but again demonstrated superb gunnery with both Disrupters slamming the D7 and scoring a burnthrough, on weapon systems! By now there was a distinct feeling that the opposng ship had a legendary gunnery officer on board. The kzniti used ph1s against the klingon drone to prevent it destoying a drone it had targeted.

The D7 commander now gave a light touch on the warp pedal and slid across the face of the 4 drones and turned in, and past them, heading at the Kzinti, an audible feline screech being heard over comms (translation, 'what, I didn't expect that!'). The range closed fast and the D7 opened fire with all facing weapons, aimed at enemy weapons. Whilst it is hard to miss a Battlecruiser at 10000km, it possible to blaze away inefficiently, something common to trainee gunnery cadets in the excitement of the moment, so whilst Kzinti ph3s hit the D7 for maximum effect (!) the D7 fired 4 phasers for minimum effect (rolling 6,6,6,5). Fortunately at that range even trainee cadets can't help but blow through shields, they can however totally miss the order to aim at vital systems!!!

By now the klingon commander, who had been too distracted by the realisation that the last crew assignment was the not the experienced crew he had been led to believe he had been given, suddenly realised he was in tractor range, with 4 drone engines flaring brightly in the rear view mirror. The tractor struck, the D7 shuddered to a slow down, quick thinking on the commanders behalf allowed the ship to accelerate away fast enough to give the ADD systems time for 2 shots and swing the drones round onto 2 seperate shields. If it worked then the drones would have failed to deliver decisive damage whilst the kzinti was at least burning. It was not to be, the inexperienced crew failed to properly arm the ADD and the D7 was gutted.

Good game, there was a definite disparity in the dice rolling, but that is something you have to handle, I almost had the Kzinti, if I had fired from range 2 instead of range 1 to avoid the tractor then I'd have probably been in the winning seat. I'll put it down to having to much other stuff to think about (checking the chat log and advancing the phase etc) Embarassed
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great write up. Sounds like a fun/great game, sorry I missed it.

Garrett
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just occured to me, there may be a bug or 2 to do with tractoring.

Is a Kzinti BC 'larger' than a D7 for tractor purposes, I thought they were same size (the BC not being a true BC in the size sense). I was dropped from speed 24 to speed 8, but I'm thinking I should have been dropped 1 category to 16 not 2 categories.

On the other hand, I think it then let me accelerate for just my cost rather than the combined cost.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a funnier write up than I expected Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Neutral Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Mr. Green Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Good job puree, I mean Storyelf, I mean, oh you know what I mean Smile
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

storeylf wrote:
Is a Kzinti BC 'larger' than a D7 for tractor purposes, I thought they were same size (the BC not being a true BC in the size sense). I was dropped from speed 24 to speed 8, but I'm thinking I should have been dropped 1 category to 16 not 2 categories.

"Larger" and "smaller" are determined by movement rate. Whether it is a Kzinti BC or a full Kzinti BCH, they are both the same "size" as a Klingon D7.

So, yes, the D7 should have only dropped to speed 16, not all the way to speed 8.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it would have made a difference, given that there was still another impulse after when the drones hit.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it wasn't a factor in the outcome of the game we played.

Just thinking a bit more though, didn't you have a problem with the initial EA where it deducted the squadron level move cost from your energy and you had to correct it back down or something. That might also be the reason it thought it was a bigger ship, as the move cost was being calaculated as twice what it should be.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as we realized: The Kzinti BC (Not the user-defined one, the one that comes with the full version) in Fleet scale has several problems.

1. It has 12 shields, not 6

2. It has a move cost of 1, not 1/2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: