Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Andros in 2010 or not?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Andros in 2010 or not? Reply with quote

While reading CL 39, I noticed that FC: War and Peace was mentioned in two or three different places. Everywhere it was mentioned, it was stated that the ISC and Vuldar would be in it. However, twice it was mentioned that the Andros might be included and one time it said they would definitely be included in FC: War and Peace.

Has the final decision for the Andros been made yet?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kahuna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope so. I think the Andros certainly had a bigger impact on the SFU than the Vudar did. I bet the biggest delay on the Andros has got to be their PAs and maybe DisDevs and how they are going to keep them simplified.

As long as they're good, solid, quality products though, I'm cool with them being in another expansion. Maybe something named Andromedan Attack! I'm curious to see what they've got planned for this too.
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we've only seen playtest rules for the Vudar and ISC, SVC has stated on multiple occasions (including within the last month or two) that the plan is for the Andromedans to be in War and Peace. Until we hear otherwise, I think that it's fairly safe to assume that's when we'll see them.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the plan, but...

1. I have yet to have time to read the two sets of Andro rules sent to me and see if I like either one of them. If I never have time, they won't make it.

2. Once I pick/write a set of rules and so some ships, count on months of playtesting. If they don't work, they'll be dropped from the product.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahuna wrote:
Maybe something named Andromedan Attack!

Not Andromedan Attack, Andromedan Invasion Shocked
Kahuna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
Maybe something named Andromedan Attack!

Not Andromedan Attack, Andromedan Invasion Shocked

That certainly sounds more accurate, but I was just keeping with the spirit of the other expansions. Hey, I'll take Andromedan Picnic if it gets a good, quality product with clean PA rules. Wink
lokirising
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that converting the Andro rules for FC would be a pain.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping that the Andromedans will have a place in War and Peace - with a product name like that, and given the inclusion of the ISC (the 'peace' to the Andros' 'war') I'd argue there'd be no better place for them to enter the FC setting in.

Plus, the Andros open the door to many new avenues of exploration, given how far-ranging and wide-reaching their campaign against our corner of the universe has been.

And maybe I'm also hoping for a Devastator mini to be commissioned in the process...
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:
And maybe I'm also hoping for a Devastator mini to be commissioned in the process...

I'm not trying to shoot this one down, and if it gets done, all the better. But, with how big it's supposed to be, and considering he price of pewter and white metal these days wouldn't that be prohibitively expensive? Or make it cost close to $40 for one mini? And given how "fringe" Andros are, that might not be the best investment.

But hey, if it can be done economically, I'm all for it! Very Happy

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also wouldn't sell too many units. If it happened, resin (like the old Juggy "minis") would likely be more cost-effective.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the suggestion to use an old mayonnaise lid, I wonder if the top couldn't be cast hollow, with a bottom you screw on ...I mean glue on.

(That, or go all the way to tin-stamping technology.)
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more fringe than a Seltorian Nest Ship?

A model of a unit that so far has not been shown operating in the Milky Way galaxy. (The Burning Torch of Vengeance was an 8-bay Hive ship, though perhaps one could chop up two Nest Ship minis to try and end up with one.)

Right now, the Andros are only in SFB, and are somewhat more complicated than most in that particular system. However, if/when the time comes for the Andros to show up in FC and/or Starmada, they will have the chance to become more widely available for gamers to use - as the 'big bad' enemy that is a threat to all who encounter them.

But then, they are missing a third size of satellite ship at the moment, so maybe they'd do with something to fill the gap (either smaller or larger than the current Cobra mini - which could be re-purposed as a Viper mini in the latter case) before the Devastator could be made ready...
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, FC tends to promote miniature sales, enough to make otherwise marginal minis viable to produce. Klingon Armada should sell even more minis. So I wouldn't rule out a Devastator yet.
Darkbridger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terryoc wrote:
From what I've read, FC tends to promote miniature sales, enough to make otherwise marginal minis viable to produce.

I am guilty here. I've been buying miniatures simply because they're packaged so well to match up with the expansions. I never did this with SFB, but that was mostly due to cost back then.

Also, I am really looking forward to seeing the Andromedans in FC as they are one of my favorite two races. Smile
Predator06
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think a great place for andromedans would be under a nice fat rock in SVCs back yard, never to see the light of day again.

Hated them in SFB to the point that I would not play in a game where they were present, And probably would do the same in FC, unless they are severely toned down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: