Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Federation Command - Klingon Border
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kahuna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scout. They also look like they might be easy on the ship cards, which is a big plus. Thanks!
JoMc67
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question for everyone who plays FC, I notice that you can order many products from this website bound, bound & holed, or loose leaf. How do you purchase your products ?

Also, how do you organize all your products, such as putting them in binders, boxes, etc ? Do you also hole your SSDs in such a way to put in a binder ?
My copy of FC-KB ( ebay ) was bound only ( I know, should have ordered from this website, lol ). I was thinking of taking it someplace to get it holed so I can put in a binder, but not sure yet.

I will order all future products from this website ( next product will be Romulan Space as others above have suggested ), but not sure if I should purchase bound or bound & holed.

If you can, please post pics showing how you organized FC.

Thanx
Joe

Last edited by JoMc67 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahuna wrote:
Thanks Scout. They also look like they might be easy on the ship cards, which is a big plus. Thanks!

They are very easy on the cards. The clip is not as tight as a metal wire clip, and the plastic has rounded edges os there's no distress as it slides along the card.
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my Rev. 5 Reference Rulebook loose leaf and punched and put it in a binder.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoMc67 wrote:
A question for everyone who plays FC, I notice that you can order many products from this website bound, bound & holed, or loose leaf. How do you purchase your products ?

Also, how do you organize all your products, such as putting them in binders, etc ? Do you also hole your SSDs in such a way to put in a binder ?
My copy of FC-KB ( ebay ) was bound only ( was hoping it was bound & holed, but I guess not ). I was thinking of taking it someplace to get it holed so I can put in a binder.

I will order all future products from this website, but not sure if I should purchase bound or bound & holed.

Joe

Of course everyone's take is dffernt, but for my own use - everything is ordered unbound / un-punched.

I place all of my rules in plastic sheet protectors and then put those in 3-ring binders, so this is the only choice for me.

My laminated ship cards are currently stored in half-size
(5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch) plastic sheet protectors and then placed in half-sized binders... but that is soon to change. Will McCammon found a company that sells a full sized plastic sheet protector with two, half sized pockets. I have ordered a box of those and when they arrive, he laminiated ship cards will then go into full sized, 3-ring binders like everything else.

I have also found that a pack of "multi-page", plastic sheet protectors will hold 2 to 4 of the map panels. The actual number depends on the brand purchased. Storing them this way allows me to carry them in a couple of 3-ring binders along with my Reference Rulebook and my ship cards.

My counters, dice, cool clips, dry-erase markers, MITS cards, etc fit in two, 18 compartment organizers that are the the same dimensions as a 3-ring binder.

I have a 24-inch long plastic bin that is exactly the right size to hold a series of 3-ring binders. This bin (with a snap-on lid) holds all of my Federation Commander game for quick and easy transport.
Kahuna
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always ordered my stuff bound and unpunched. I kind of like the feel of each being in their own little book. I've not been to keen on making my own binder and such. However, lots of people like different things. I think it's cool that they let you choose how you'd like it.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I either order my rulesbooks 3-hole drilled, or have them drilled at FedExKinkos when they aren't (if store-bought). I then keep them in three ring binders, along with the reference cards and a "trapper keeper" pouch full of movement cards, whiteboard pens, paper clips and post-it arrows, and "back up" mini dice.

The ship cards go in Rabco MC-50 dual-pocket page protectors, also in binders (these are the ones scoutdad mentioned up-thread).

Map boards I store in the boxes that FC:KB, FC:RB, and Space Battle Maps come in (a box full of open-space maps and a box of more of those and some various "terrain" maps).

Counters, I keep in "tackle boxes". Minis are kept in modified craft storage boxes (and which boxes go with me is dependent on the day's plans - there are too many to move and keep secure when out and about).

Dice go into the classic "Crown Royal" bottle-bag. I also take some rubber shelf "anti slip" maps for keeping the map panels stuck where I want them.

The whole mess goes into a "travel bin". I used to use the steel bin in the photo, but just switched to a slightly larger plastic one that I can put the lid on when loaded and which is also much easier to carry (and less threatening to walls and corners).

Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you've got a cool setup for FC. I didn't realize they did half page plastic sheets like that. Between you and Scout, I believe I'm revamping the way I handle my stuff.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The half-page protectors took some work to find, but I was happy I did. They are really nice to have.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scout & DJ,
Great, I like both your ideas on how to organize FC & especially your pics DJ.
Think I will go ahead and order those protectors, a pouch, and 1 or 2 binders, but will check the local Office supply Store first.

Next up will be the FC Ref Rulebook & Romulan Space. Still deciding on wither to get them bonded & punched or loose leaf & un-punched, but swaying towards the later ( will store away FC-Kligon Border Rulebook as a back-up ).

Thanx again,
Joe
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your local office supply store should carry the 1/2 size sheet protectors and 1/2 size binders as those are standard issue products sold by Avery and several other companies. If you choose to go with the 2-pocket, full sized protectors from Rabco - you'll have to order a box of them from Rabco.

The only issue there is that the box has 300 sheet protectors!
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. The 300-minimum order thing is kind of a bear. I was lucky in that some of the guys I play with thought they were cool and bought about 50 each from me. That left me with what I need plus some room to grow and helped offset the cost somewhat.

Not even I (who has everything and several copies of some boosters) needs 300 dual-pocket sheet protectors Wink
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
Yup. The 300-minimum order thing is kind of a bear. I was lucky in that some of the guys I play with thought they were cool and bought about 50 each from me. That left me with what I need plus some room to grow and helped offset the cost somewhat.

Not even I (who has everything and several copies of some boosters) needs 300 dual-pocket sheet protectors Wink

Hopefully, someday we might need that many. Live Long and Prosper FC!
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they would want to get into this, but if someone asked Leanna Cole nicely maybe, just maybe, ADB could buy the protectors from Rabco and then sell them in smaller lots.

TFG sold special binders for SFB way back in the day, but I have no idea if that was worth their time and effort.
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, for now I also went ahead and ordered Bound & Holed:
- Romulan Space
- Distant Kindoms
- FC Ref Rulebook
This should give me a good start on ships around all borders, even thou I will only get a couple Orion & Tholians ships to Skirmish with (Communique will give me some more ). In the future will order KB-Attack, RB-Attack, Orion Attack, and Tholian Attack, and maybe BOM when I am ready to get deeper involved. I will skip the accessories like Booster Packs & Captains logs and concentrate on getting one each of the ship cards through the main Rulebooks above.

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: