Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trek decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwiggington
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Trek decals Reply with quote

hi I found this in a another forum and was seeing if anyone here knows about this company and it product.
I no nothing about the company.
http://www.pomroyproductions.com/
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about using decals for some of my mini's.

This was posted on the site.

"Many of the symbols are copyright © Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc., and are used with their permission."

I dont think ADB would let them do this if the decals or the company were sub-par.

The decals look nice. I would like to hear from someone who used decals in the past. Some of the wording used on the decals like for passenger containers, armed containers, is off center. I would review each sheet you plan to buy before actually making the purchase.

I would like to see them add the Wyn checker-board to their product list.

All in all, it looks like a nice site. It must have taken a lot of work to set that up.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fairly recent development, and has been linked to straight from the ADB miniatures website (also lending more weight to the quality).

Looks like they're good and offering the hardest to mimic parts of the ships.

Nice to see someone else getting into the decal business.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I don't paint minis and have never seen any of the decals from any of the companies we link to. We will link to any company that says "we provide decals" and will remove the link if we get complaints from our customers about service or quality. We provide graphics on the website and will let any decal company use them (until they abuse the priviledge, but nobody has). So don't take a link from us to anyone as "We have personally checked the quality of their product and service."
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Pomroy did indeed make some inquiries on the legacy board and I and some other folks gave him data on what fonts we use etc. to help him get set up.

It looks like he is still in the middle of getting his webpage set up, but I notice he is getting more and more pictures of his product up, so that's a good sign.

I haven't bought from Bob yet (and it's possible I may never need to as I have a good stock of decals on-hand from other vendors and my own development) but he's sending the right signals so far.

I nominate Tony to be the first customer and tell us all how it went. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: