Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC Refererence Rulebook vs Klingon Border Rulebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csal
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: FC Refererence Rulebook vs Klingon Border Rulebook Reply with quote

Hi,
I am thinking of buying FC Klingon Border and would like to know if the rulebook included has the same information as in the FC Reference Rulebook? It seems like the Reference Rulebook has more from the descriptions (60 pages vs 96 pages I think). If it is different, what is not included in the new version of the Klingon Border Rulebook? I would be purchasing either from the Federation Commander website so I think they would both be version 5 from what I have read here so far. Thanks for any help,
Carl
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl:

Both are (or would be) version 5 rulebooks.
The Klingon Bordere rulebook would include the rules needed for playing the game you purchased... and it would include the rules for Plasma torpedoes. eveb though those weapon systems are not included in the FC:KB ship cards. I do not think that you'd get rules for the later expansions (i.e., webs, particle cannons, ESGs, fusions, PPDs, etc, ThKB rulebook also includes the ship descriptions for the ship cards included in the FC:KB box and the scenarios from that boxed set.

The FC:RRB contains all the rules from all the expansions, butno ship desriptions and no scenarios.

I hope that helps.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are beginning your experience with Federation Commander, I would recommend that you get Klingon Border because of all the extra goodies that you get.
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but the insidious lure of that other rulebook being out there with all of its extra weapon systems may be just too great for a mere mortal to resist...

Get the KB rulebook. Spring for the extra $$$ later.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Klingon Border Rulebook includes:
- Weapons rules through (4J) Plasma, including Pl-D.
- System rules through (5L) Orion Pirates, plus (5X) Degraded Crew and (5P) Cloak. Note that it does include (5L1) weapons listings for all Orion ships prior to Orion Attack.
- Ships and Scenarios for Klingon Border.

The Reference Rulebook includes all of the rules from all of the modules (with the accidental omission of the WYN Radiation Zone rules). It does not include any ship descriptions or scenarios.

If you are just starting with the game, you are probably better served to just get Klingon Border and build from there.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
csal
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! I will start with the Klingon Border and pick up the Reference Rulebook later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: