Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asteroids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kor
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Asteroids Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been answered, but I've seen asteroid maps in Romulan Attack, and have not seen any rules for them. Are their rules for them in Fed Com, and if there are, where are they at?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I switched to the RRB, I no longer carry the individual rulebooks with me, but the rules for asteroids are definitely in the Federaiton Commander game - see rule (6B) Asteroids.

IIRC, they were in both Romulan Attack and in Battleship Atack since both those expansions came with asteroid map panels. And in case nayone is wondering, the panels in BA have a differnt asteroid layout than the ones in RA.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were definitely in Battleships Attack, and another product, but I don't remember if that one was Romulan or Tholian Attack.

Plus, there was a version in Communique #9, but those might have been invalidated by those in Battleships Attack.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asteroid Rules were published in Communique #9, then Tholian Attack, and finally in Battleship Attack. There were some tweaks made at each step, however, the rules in Communique #9 are close enough if that is all you can access. The only differences were the Direct-Fire modifiers and towing of medium asteroids.

(Just to help out: For the firing modifiers, use (4A4) with a shift of +1 for firing through 1-3 asteroid hexes and +2 for 4+ hexes. Towing of medium asteroids is hard and takes 8 movement points regardless of the ship size.)

Assuming you have Rev5 rules, the rules in Tholian Attack, Battleship Attack, and the Reference Rulebook should now all be the same.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: