Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frax Tactics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Frax Tactics Reply with quote

I'm planning to do my own conversions of the Frax into Federation Commander. Does anyone have some general tactics that work well when playing the Frax (or playing against them)? It appears to me that they might be the ultimate saber dancers (great disruptor arcs and ph-1s instead of ph-2s). Thanks,

Garrett
Hod K'el
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: FRAX Tactics Reply with quote

Circle the wagons.

Put the FRAX into a circular motion. As they circle, the forward arc comes into play against the enemy forces. As they turn away from the enemy forces, the rear arc comes into play. This effectively gives a full broadside at the enemy every other impulse at speed 16. You have drones that can be launched as necessary to make enemy forces breakoff or not even think about closing with your fleet.

It should be noted that this is actually designed for a fleet of 6 ships. Any thing less than 6 ships and you will need to advance head on towards the enemy then turn 60 to port or starboard to fire full broadsides into the enemy forces. Then turn back into them to maintain the full broadside. If you have fired everything and the enemy is still trying to close with you, launch a full spread of drones.

Good luck with your conversions!
Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks! Yeah, based on the arcs, I was thinking something along those same lines. In 1 or 2 ship duels, I'm going to try out the saber dance and see how it goes.

I've just done simple black and white conversions of the CC (replaced AFD with Ph-3), CA, CW, DW, and FF. Now I just need to give them a try. Thanks,

Garrett
Tugger
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frax, use all your sheilds. Pound on their front sheilds, punish them for closing. Frax want a long battle, to better take advantage of their ability to fight through more sheilds.
Hod K'el
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You replaced an AFD w/ a PH-3...but they were originally designed to be an ADD w/ a PH-G. I believe they were put into operation as an ADD w/ PH-3. That still gives you three shots minimum. I would recommend replacing each AFD w/ a PH-G. That will keep operational capabilities as close to the original function as possible. [Although I might catch flak from Mike or Steve on this...snicker, snicker...]
Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Tactics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: