Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commander's Choice Turn 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Commander's Choice Turn 1 Reply with quote

Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are some technical issues to work off, but above is the Map for the beginning of the first turn. If you see any mistakes let me know. Also because I am on business travel, the map is a bit uglier then I usually like to produce, but it is harder to work on such things on my laptop then on my desktop at home.... ah well

Oh, it is hard to tell but during your plans make sure you note that each power has a BATS on their planet closest to the center, a BS on each flank, and a SB on their Homeworld.

If you like you can wait until we resolve the issue with the client to submit your moves, but in the mean time you might as well get your build orders in. Let's set a deadline for build orders of Next Weds (11/25).

I'll get my build orders and moves in hopefully tomorrow (assuming I don't have to work as late as I did today)
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of items.

Player Withdrawl/Surrender - If a player leaves the campaign for one reason or another, a substitute admiral can replace that player. If however a substitute can not be found, or the player's strategic situation is found to be untenable, all the remaining ships of the surrendering player will move at best possible speed to the closest friendly planet (ties for distance will be determined randomly) and from that point on the player's planets and ships will be treated as a neutral power in all ways, except that the fleet around each planet will be known and will not follow the rules for Neutral planet FCP.

Ships caught out of supply - If a ship finds it's self out of supply for any reason, planets being captured or supply freighters being destroyed, that ship must move at the best fleet speed back into a hex that takes it back into supply by the shortest possible route. If this route takes the fleet through an enemy planet, the fleet is allowed to move around the planet by the most direct route. Ships that are forced to fight a battle in a hex outside of supply are not allowed to make repairs during the battle. Note that all battles during a given turn are considered to be effectivly simultaneous. This means that in a single turn if a battle would bring a ship out of supply, it is not effected by being out of supply until the next turn.
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one thing that might be worth mentioning, I am not going to look at anyone's build/move orders that I receive until I get everyone's. That way I can elimiate any conflict of interests and limit my ability to get info before anyone else.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of questions.

Building base upgrade ships: how much does it cost to convert a F-H to one of these? May I simply build one as a base upgrade ship to start?

Def Sats: How are these deployed? Are they just built and then deployed on a controlled planet, or must I transport them to the planet to be deployed at by freighter?
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that in the latest version of the rules, I removed all reference to using Heavy Freighters to build bases. In order to build a base, all you need to do is occupy the planet. In order to upgrade a base, all you need to do is spend the points. Is there a reference in the rules that I missed? I did notice a math error in my base upgrade example. It says that it to upgrade a BS to a BATS is costs 180 points (300 for the BATS and 120 for the BS) this is incorrect as a BS is 140 points, and thus it costs 300-140 or 160 points. I will correct this in the next version of the rules.

I would say that Def Sats can be built in the same fashion. Simply spend the points at a planet that you control.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that's answered my questions.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering - will your Seltorian player be using M81 Galaxy rules (no access to the likes of the DNL and NCA, no use of suicide shuttles or suicide freighters, and what have you) or a mix of the M81 and Milky Way options?

Also, will your campaign include random encounters with Orion or other non-player-faction ships - and if so, could there be room for the Seltorians (or others) to encounter the M81 Pirates from CL40 also (if they eventually show up in FCOL)?
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garry, I think the Selt has whatever Seltorian ships are available on FC Online, and no, I don't think there are random pirates.

Maybe someone will get a game in against the M81 pirates when they're available on FC Online. Heck, I'd be happy to fly a Seltorian ship against one.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the Romulan fleet, I think that this is someone who likes their sparrowhawk-Js. I would not like to be commanding a base on the receiving end of those S-torps!
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate overgunned monster plasma boats...
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmm, overgunned plasma boats, mmmmmmmmm

Smile
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Dread Lord on this one. Laughing
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you aren't bordering the rommies Wink
Dread_Lord
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pinecone, I need your build orders when you get a chance.

Also a reminder that the deadline for moves is this Weds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: