Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Klingon Armada page
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Klingon Armada page Reply with quote

Hi.

As pointed out over on the discus bbs, the Starmada/Klingon Armada page is now live.

It even has the Juggernaut, Planet Killer and Prime Trader up, to boot!

Very nice.
Requete
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! KA is another fine way to experience the SFU. Anybody who hasn't tried it really ought to do so.

----

Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy:
http://www.catholicity.com/prayer/divinemercy.html
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for the Klingon Armada page on the starfleetgames.com website last night and it took several minutes to find it. Might want to consider putting a link to it on the main page.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody uses the main page to find anything. Everybody uses the master index, where it takes about 1.7 seconds to find the Klingon Armada page.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/masterindex.shtml

That said, I have spoken with Eric about doing some stuff to the front page, adding starmada, getting rid of the search button (since it doesn't find anything), adding a direct link to the master index (since people going to the site map don't realize they want to go on to the master index), and some other stuff.

He was going to create a separate starmada thing for this forum on Friday but the PC he uses got sick and we're waiting for the repair shop to bring it back.
Wolverin61
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'm Nobody then, since I go there and just click on the game I'm looking for info about. I was writing an email to a friend telling him about Klingon Armada and just went to the main page to find the url and copy it into the email. If I'd been smart, I'd have just come here and found the direct link.

Sounds like you're on top of it though. Thanks SVC.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric just got the PC back from the shop, and he already created the klingon armada section of the forum. Now, he's busy moving posts there.

The change to the front page will take a little longer and I am pretty sure it won't happen today. (It's going to take some serious reworking of the architecture, an hour's work just to add two boxes.)
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone missed it, the page has been updated to add a PDF showing the four ship diagrams released in Captain's Log #40 - the Fed NCL and DW, the Klingon F5W and Kzinti FFK.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a further update - with a revised Juggernaut diagram (to fix the phaser arcs) along with revised Fed and Kzinti DNs.

The Fed DN has gone up in price, seemingly to match its additional phasers - it's now more expensive than the Klingon C8.

The Kzinti ship has also gone up - reinforcing its current status as the game's most expensive unit.

Juggy has its phaser arcs fixed, though I was hoping for a Shriek missile option for representing Beta. Oh well.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shreiks will be along soon enough. Mike West just did them for FC yesterday and Daniel K is doing them for KA.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear.

Or, well, read!

Oh, I had two other questions.

*Presumably, a future re-print of KLA would have the revised cards for ships like the Kzinti DN included. At that point, will the file available for download from e23 also be updated?

*Speaking of cards given such a revision, could the Battle Station be up for consideration? At present, both diagrams on page 43 represent a photon/drone-armed Federation BATS - but I was wondering if, in a future revision, the diagram on the right could be given the kind of disruptor/drone loadout a Klingon or Kzinti station would have.

That would help facilitate using either the Empire or Hegemony as the defending force in a Day One campaign.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, I crunched the numbers on disruptors and photons using the design rules from the Core Rulebook, and they are the same points and are the same size. So just call the photons disruptors and you're good. It may be a little inconvenient to remember the stats for disruptors, but there are likely to be other disruptor armed ships on the same side so you can just read it off that.
mj12games
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:
*Speaking of cards given such a revision, could the Battle Station be up for consideration? At present, both diagrams on page 43 represent a photon/drone-armed Federation BATS - but I was wondering if, in a future revision, the diagram on the right could be given the kind of disruptor/drone loadout a Klingon or Kzinti station would have.

I'm certainly open to providing whatever variants players are interested in seeing... the problem is, I don't know what the weapons layouts are. I only have the cards from FC...

mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mj12games wrote:
Nerroth wrote:

I'm certainly open to providing whatever variants players are interested in seeing... the problem is, I don't know what the weapons layouts are. I only have the cards from FC...

That is on the FC card. The FC ship card for the Battlestation includes the weapons arrangement for the Klingon and Kzinti. (And Tholian, but that is now wrong.)

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have a problem with updating the e23 thing. The way they work, if you bought it, you can get the updated one for free, so it's good for all of you. But let's only do this once, not every week, ok?

So, what do I need to do?

Replace Fed DN and Kzinti DN.... (I have those from Daniel and it would be easy to do.)

Add the "lost" cards that are on the website. (I have those from Daniel and it would be easy to do.)

Possibly add another version (photon, disruptor) of the battle station? (You guys will have to explain that to Daniel, and he can then send me the modified cards.)

Anything else?
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry:

Right now, the second diagram on the page is somewhat superfluous - since there are few cases of having two battle stations on the same map.

Replacing it with its Klingon/Kzinti counterpart, while leaving the Federation option on the left, might be a more efficient use of the print space available.

Daniel:

As Mike points out, the FC card should be a good point of reference.

SVC:

If there's only going to be one revision (which is fair enough - I'd only ask for an update to match the print version, when the time comes for a second print run) then it might be a good time to lay the groundwork for what might be seen in future modules.

Going forward, I believe that the most should be made of the room each printed page offers, in terms of using the two ship diagrams on there - at least when it comes to ships with notable variants, or options, in other games.

The Tholians are a good example of this. One could plan ahead for a future Tholian module, by putting the web variants of the CA, DD and PC alongside the current phaser variants on those ships' pages. While the web generators are not much use right now, they will be useful when web rules are published - and the phaser variants would still be there to use by Tholian players in the interim. Plus, it would mean not having to re-print those three ships in their web variants at that time.

Another example might be for the Orions. If working up some means of representing option mounts and cloak rules will have to wait for a while, they could use the room at hand to offer a disruptor variant each.

Alternatively, perhaps the heavy weapon mount on the spare diagrams could be left blank? Instead of giving details for one heavy weapon, it could have a note in the box saying which weapons you can mount, what they cost, what firing arcs to use, and where to look in the book for the weapons' effects. That way, the rules needed for option weapon mounts could be right there on the diagram, rather than taking up space in the main rules.

When it comes to the three larger empires in the book, the scope for such variation isn't as high - with the possible exception of ships like the D7D, if one wanted to bother including them. By and large, however, the issue might not be so pressing for the Feds, Klingons and Kzintis... unless I'm missing something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: