Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hydran Pegasus miniature - Complete and in ADB's hands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Hydran Pegasus miniature - Complete and in ADB's hands Reply with quote

I finsihed the Hydran Pegasus master and delivered it to WebMom yesterday morning.

More photos can be seen at the link in the signature below:

The completed miniature is just over 1 1/4 inches long. The hull is approximately 3/8 inch in cross section. The two lower wings are attached to the main hull. The upper wing will most likely be cast as a separate segment that will need to be attached by th end user.

The design is based on the 3D artwork and the multi angle views provided to me by Steve Cole. That's why is is roughly triangular in cross section rather than round as is presumed by most of us.[Yes, I too was under the mistaken impression that the Pegasus had a round cross section. That was the biggest cause of the delay in completion of this master. I had a Pegasus nearly 80% to 85% complete before I received the correct drawings and realized I had to restart the process.]
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I like what you did with the launch bays. Can't wait to see it when it's cast.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
bluebirds38
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellant looking miniature
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding work, Scoutdad.

I'm a little surprised at the placement of the wings - all the images of the Peg I've seen so far placed them roughly halfway along the ship's length, rather than close to the stern.

No matter. I'll want a triad of these!
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. That was the big issue that kept thisone from being cast.

I got carried away mounting the wings to the engines and got them too far rearward.
Also, the upper wing does not have enough mountig surface to make assembly of the two pieces feasible. I suspect that had the wing connection worked, it may have been cast as is - but in for a penny, in for a pound, so as long as the wing-hull connection needed to be reworked anyway...

I'm now working on a new version... about 2/10 of an inch shorter, same cross-sectional area, and moving the wings to the mid-point of the hull.

This time, instead of pins along the bottom of the upper wing and mounting holes in the hull; it will have a wing-engine section that is a one piece assembly. This wing-engine section will mount into a 1/16 inch slot the length of the engine. This will allow for a firm, sturdy connection that can withstand the rigors of play.

In retrospect, this is how it should have been performed the first time around. But, I do learn more about the mini making process with everyone of these that I do.
Dan Ibekwe
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well. Thanks for the update, and Happy New Year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: