Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the FRAX in FC, what do you think ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of historical wet-navy concepts, the Iridani seem to be among the most enthusiastic of species in that regard. With the exception of the Bonnaventure variants, their warships tend to follow a broadsiding pattern. Indeed, it's noted in their background that they are so keen on honouring the wet-navy tradition they had on pre-warp Iridia that they even fly pennants on the outside of their starships!

When it comes to current wet-navy games, there is also Starmada: Dreadnoughts - which would work with the same Admiralty Edition core rulebook that Klingon Armada is linked to - as well as a take on a somewhat older era in Warhammer Historical's Trafalgar.
jeffery smith
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: the FRAX in FC : what do you think ? Reply with quote

so i posted a list in the "what ships do you want ?" thread. any thoughts ?

svc, yamato's secondaries were 12 6.1 inch and 12 5 inch both in triple turrets (battleship geek for lack of a better term). i would hate to see the damage she could have done with 9.1's for her secondaries.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I said I couldn't remember what the secondaries were, just that there was a triple secondary turret sitting there behind the B-turret and superfiring over it.

Not the right topic, but the problem with Yamata "causing havoc with guns" is that it gets chewed up by aircraft long before getting into gun range, more is the pity.
Predator06
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I would be happy with JUST the CA, CL, DD, FF for the frax as hard cards.

I could Not care less about cloaks or anything more complex. To me, The frax would never be anything more then speed bumps.

In a galactic conquest/expansion campaign setting, they would be useful for representing neutral planetary encounters. For example, when the klingons move to explore (IE Conquer) a newly discovered system, the frax ships can be used to represent the small race that is defending there home world.

I See no need to Make the frax an actual "Race" in FC. But the basic CA/CL/DD/FF would still be useful and I would love to have the ship hard cards for the a fore mentioned reason.
jeffery smith
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: the FRAX in FC : what do you think ? Reply with quote

i to would love to have "hard cards" of those, but i could always color and print them here.(if i would just get off my butt long enough to do it) since there were only 10 possibilities i wanted to try to make the most of them. i hope my list gives a well rounded fleet that can either subtitute for another race, be used in a game like you suggest or be used as a real race invade from somewhere. we will have to wait and see what SVC thinks over the course of the year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: