Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you want on e23?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: What do you want on e23? Reply with quote

As you know, we have three books on e23 (Module Prime Alpha, and the two halves of the Klingon Armada book).

Assuming we decide it's worth doing these at all (if sales were over 100, there would be no question), what do you want next?

Back issues of Captain's Log.

Ship cards from Briefing #2.

Out of print stuff (e.g., Starletter)

or just what? I'm still very nervous and reluctant to put much there, both because the sales aren't what I wanted and because I don't want to see pdf sales replacing hard copy sales.

NOTE: this is NOT a topic to discuss whether PDF sales are worth it at all; this is a topic to discuss what specific products you want. You might well assume that some of the requests will not be stuff I am willing to upload, but at least you'd get a chance to hear why that is.
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have color ship cards. The ship cards from Briefing #2 would be great. Perhaps the ship cards (color) from recent/current Captain's Logs? Thanks,

Garrett
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color ship cards from Briefings and Captains Logs would be a definite buy for me.

I'm intending to buy the ships pdf for Klingon Armada that is already there soon and would buy additional ships as well.
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Color ship cards from B1 and B2 as well as CLs for me.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...

One thing I'd want to stick with is to avoid a clash with products that are currently print-focused - to only ask for options which would otherwise not find an outlet.

*Putting future editions of the Captain's Log Supplemental file there could be useful.

*A collection of ships which may not get proper laminated Ship Card treatment - M81 pirates, Frax, and so forth - wouldn't hurt.

*As noted elsewhere, the Briefing #2 ships are an interesting option - though rather than do them all at once, might it be easier to pair certain empires up two or three at a time, as 'Middle Years adversary packs' or something?

*One area which might be interesting could be fiction stories. With the exception of For the Glory of the Empire's trial run, there have been few venues outside of Captain's Log for publishing fiction works - not least ones which are not tied to a specific SFB or FC scenario.

Perhaps a semi-regular collection of fiction stories (either selected from ones already on file, or left open to the floor for new submissions) could be a way of expanding the reach of SFU fiction?

Such a collection may avoid the stories already set for Star Fleet Journal publication, such as those already in FTGOTE and those earmarked for Day of the Eagle - and perhaps offer an alternative venue for story or background articles that would be less of a smooth fit in CL.

(For example, a story which was catered more to, say, a Prime Directive scale of events might be hard to put into CL without an SFB scenario to tie it into, but could be given space in a collection with a wider remit.)

*Speaking of Prime Directive, e23 could be a neat way to add to the various game systems without competing for Captain's Log space.

Say, for example, if there is more data on file for the UFP than PD Federation can fit. Maybe an online supplemental file could be made available to purchase, in order to give some of this data a home?

There's probably something else I'm missing right now, but I guess that's quite a mouthful to post already...

Last edited by Nerroth on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely would like to see the Briefing #2 ships in color. It hard to get up the desire to use them or get others to play with them in their current greyscale form. It has helped that some of these ships have appeared in Communique, but I would defintely pay to get the rest in color.

If I understand correctly, the Briefing #1 ships are already slated for a 90 series Booster.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Briefing #2 (and later #3) ships would be great. To Gary's idea, perhaps splitting them up would be good. I know they are all already done, but if you split them up, then you might be able to set a higher price point for the aggregate than you otherwise could. (I.e. five sets for $7.50 each instead of just one big package for $20.

I like the idea of the Frax, too. This would tie in to doing the Briefing #2 ships in smaller groups. You could pick a standard size (e.g. 12 ships) you wanted to do.

On a completely and totally different subject, how about some PD adventures? Historically adventures just don't sell all that well. I don't know if you have anyone that wants to write adventures, but if you do have any submissions, perhaps this would be a useful outlet for such.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ship cards
Hod K'el
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frax definitely.

Then an O-LVS made from the O-SAL showing two special sensors in weapon option A & B and the cargo converted into fighter bays (green with = marks).

And it would be nice to have a O-LR Gunfighter.

Maybe, someday, Britanians & Hispanolans (SP?).
Life is not victory;
Death is not defeat!
toltesi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Briefing #2 Reply with quote

I'd be all over the cards from Briefing #2, or even print versions of them. I know they'd be pricey, but when you factor in the expense and time of creating them from the PDF's it wouldn't be that much more.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot to add:

*Pre-refit versions of ships from fleets yet to be published.

If ships like the Middle Years Vudar DD and FF, or a range of pre-refit ISC vessels (not least the DNE) aren't likely to make it into a full module, perhaps they could find a home this way.

(in the case of the ISC, the pre-refit fleet would have borne the brunt of early encounters with the Gorns and Romulans - and Orions - when consolidating the furthest extent of Concordium space. Plus, in keeping with the data from SFB Module Y2, such a fleet would be a way to let the ISC join in with the Briefing #2 ships a non-historical Middle Years campaign.)

*Unusual ships and classes.

Certain units may play an interesting role historically - such as the ISC system defence ships and Fast Blockade Runner, or some of the Andromedan variant motherships and satellite ships - but would likely be squeezed out by other vessels when it comes to use as future Ship Cards.

However, these units could be options for e23, in order to help expand upon the range of ships out there for players to fly.

*Prototype rule sets, akin to the SFB E-series of modules.

When Booster Zero came out, it gave a helpful preview of what was to come in terms of future FC empires, as well as allowing for playtesting to help develop the prototype rules on B0 into the ones printed in later modules.

Since the last of the B0 fleets will be covered when War and Peace is published, perhaps the time may soon be ripe to offer a similar glimpse at what may be to come, regarding adding new empires to the game system.

Whether the fleets shown end up in a future briefing, or given the full module and booster treatment, e23 could be a way to offer to FC what the E-series does for SFB, without compromising said future releases when their moment is due.
jeffery smith
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: what do you want on E23 Reply with quote

all of the above !?!, i like having the rpg pdf's for "historic reference" since i have not rpg'd in awhile. E23 could be a great way to test the waters on future products be putting snippets up along the lines of the E modules.(for example: mike west's EY FC rules with say 1 or 2 ships for each race. this could be helpful for planning future release's)
atomic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased the Klingon Armada Ship Cards the other day. I looked for the two halves of the Klingon Armada book, but didn't see them. Did they get pulled? I have the dead tree version, but am willing to pay for the PDF version.
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also buy the Klingon Armada book if it was available in pdf format. The only half available at e23 is the one with the ship cards - no rules.

Answering the original topic question:

- Fed Com color ship cards (specially the ones not available in color elsewhere)

- Starmada products
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't uploaded a lot of stuff to e23 yet, but are considering more. Leanna said she would consider uploading the non-ship part of Klingon Armada, but remember that we have never sold PDFs of 99% of our products and it's a full-court board of directors debate to get anything uploaded. We're moving ... slowly ... to selling some things by PDFs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: