Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fleet Selection Q for Origins Tourny

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Fleet Selection Q for Origins Tourny Reply with quote

I read the rules for the 2009 tourny and assume that they will be the same for 2010.

What is the reason for this rule: No ships only published in Communique, Briefing #1 or #2, or Captain's Log may be included in the force (unless they have been formally published in a product).

Is it because ADB provides the ship cards for the tourny and they cant print up cards from those products? Or because they might be test cards or cards for products not yet published.

I can understand not allowing ship cards from Briefing #1 or #2, or Captain's Logs as they are products for which you must pay and not everyone will have purchased the product. However, communique ship cards are free to all to print for their own use. There are a bunch of ship cards in the communique that would be good for the tounament.

Could a list be made of tourny approved communique ship cards? That way I could print up the cards that I want to use and bring them with me to the tourny.

Thanks.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Fleet Selection Q for Origins Tourny Reply with quote

wedge_hammersteel wrote:
Could a list be made of tourny approved communique ship cards? That way I could print up the cards that I want to use and bring them with me to the tourny.

Thanks.

Isn't that information already avaliable on the Master Ship Chart? If it is not listed as being in a Border, Attack, or Booster Product it is not legal for tourny use.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/federation/Commanders%20Circle/documents/FC_MASTER_SHIP_CHART_3_REG.pdf

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not what I was asking.

I wanted to know, why only ship cards from official products were allowed for tourny use?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the ship cards from both Captain's Log and Communique are considered "play test".
More often than not, there are no changes when they become "official" and are released in a product - but the possibility is there. The only way to prevent having different versions of the same ship in play is to limit the actual tournament selections to the official versions released in the official products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: