Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aurora, CO players wanted....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Knoke
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Aurora, CO players wanted.... Reply with quote

If there is anyone in my area interested in playing, I am available most Fridays and Saturdays. Please don't hesitate to contact me. I have plenty of table space available and a few players who actually show up when a game is planned.
StarKiller
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm Colo Spgs but would journey up to Aurora for a game! And I too have a dedicated gaming table so could also host down here.
Robert Knoke
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let everyone know Laughing I'm busy this, and next weekend; however, I can roust interest in playing next weekend.

BTW, are you also playing in Chuck Strong's group in the Springs? I know he's heavily involved in SFB and F&E.
StarKiller
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Chuck but never heard back. I'm not interested in SFB anymore (lost all my stuff but the counters & I'm just not into the complexity and time requirements of those rules with my schedule) and I haven't found anyone else except a buddy of mine who's interested in FC.
Robert Knoke
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean.... My problem is either: finding regular SFB players in my area, or finding ANYONE willing to learn SFB in the first place.

Teaching FC to people is a lot easier. Out of seven FC players I have taught, only one ACTUALLY complains that FC is not detailed enough. Poor kid does'nt even have a clue what he's in for. He actually thinks that by reading the SFB rules a couple of times, that he's gonna outsmart everyone.

It's been a few years since I thought like that! I'll never think that way again!

Good kid though! I like his spirit!
Scott Johnson
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Denver and Colorado Springs area opponents? Reply with quote

I live in Castle Rock, CO. and am looking for opponents for FC and SFB.
Will journey pretty far for a good game.

Scott Johnson
sejembalm@yahoo.com
rulesjd
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are on the yearly quest to escape the perpetual gloom of Seattle.

One possibility we are considering is Boulder. How far is that from Denver/Aurora? Are there any SFB/FC gamers in or near Boulder?
Scott Johnson
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Denver to Boulder Reply with quote

From downtown Boulder to downtown Denver is about 30 miles; count on 45 minutes, more or less. When there are accidents, when it's snowing, all bets are off as to how long it takes.

Be warned!
Boulder is widely viewed as the Berkley of Colorado and gets on a lot of people's nerves.
But if you're looking for a place to pick up an expensive latte, lesbian poetry, and really ugly shoes, Boulder is the place.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver to Boulder Reply with quote

Scott Johnson wrote:
But if you're looking for a place to pick up an expensive latte, lesbian poetry, and really ugly shoes, Boulder is the place.

That is hysterical! It is also quite true.

Thanks. I needed the laugh today ...

Federation Commander Answer Guy
rulesjd
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Re: Denver to Boulder Reply with quote

Scott Johnson wrote:
From downtown Boulder to downtown Denver is about 30 miles; count on 45 minutes, more or less. When there are accidents, when it's snowing, all bets are off as to how long it takes.

Be warned!
Boulder is widely viewed as the Berkley of Colorado and gets on a lot of people's nerves.

Well I've pretty much ruled out the Revolutionary Theocratic Republic (Colorado Springs) and I do like college towns.

But, I digress. Are there any gaming groups, game stores or other venues nearer Boulder or between that area and Denver?
The Ghost
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: SFB Players in Colorado Reply with quote

There is/was a group of SFB players in the Greely/Evans area of Colorado who are/were doing SFB playtesting/campaign/tournament games etc. The contact that I was aware of for the group was Scott Moellmer. His contact information is in the Commanders Circle area find players section.

The game store Attactix in Aurora Colorado (City on the east side of Denver) normally has some FC and SFB products stocked on their shelves.
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my first star fleet universe product there at Attactix. Been a long time since I was in Co now though ;(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: