Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CL's scenarios you've played...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: CL's scenarios you've played... Reply with quote

Who has played one/some/any/all of the various scenarios presented in CL? Which one(s) and how did you like it/them?

One of the first ones I played was from CL #4 with the Klingons vs. Hydans when they first got the helbore heavy weapon. Played that one back in the 80's, I was the Klingons and I remember it was one tough battle for them against the Hydran. I remember the F5 bit the dust early on just like in the story. Then it was a running battle with the Dragoon which can take a lot of punishment and still keep on plugging along.

How about you guys/gals?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was the Refiner's Fire from CL#2.

I played the Fed. Our best player played the Gorn. I tricked the Klingon with a perfectly timed "fake DD". He had plotted slow speed and overloads, and the fake DD was too far away to hit. So, he was complete stuck for an entire turn. I gutted him. Then, I refused to believe that two incoming Pl-S torpedoes were real. They were, and I got hammered.

However, this was during the old days of 12 transporter bombs that only cost 1 BPV each. As I limped around the board, I used my two transporters that refused to die to continually screw over the Romulan ships with perfectly placed t-bombs. I think I got 10 successful hits with them. The Gorn then mopped up the remnants, taking only a single point of internal damage along the way (which he promptly repaired with CDR).

Ah ... Such memories ...

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played Refiners fire 3x -- twice SFB, once FC -

In every battle the Photon was a real killer, for the Fed ---
Out of 15 shots they managed, only 2 hits, these were all OLs at ranges of 2 or 3 ---

Played some others, but that was almost 20 years ago or more, so don't recall the scenarios
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've played many of them...especially those from earlier CL's (1 through12 or so). Out favorites were always "The Taking of the Solitude / Escape from the Holdfast" in CL #8. We've played both several times with widely varying outcomes.
Neither of them is as clear cut as it seems from an initial glance. That's the main reason we -rewote them for Federation Commander.
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:

However, this was during the old days of 12 transporter bombs that only cost 1 BPV each.

I thought I remembered ships having 12 TB's in the 'old' days. I see it has been reduced considerably, was there a main reason? My guess is that it unbalanced play against drone using races???
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought I remembered ships having 12 TB's in the 'old' days.

Was a point early on where a ship could detonate multiple mines in one impulse --- Lost a D-5 testing the spiral web for M Elwinger, when I set off a large and multiple small mines all at one time ---

Glad that rule was changed -- guess they found it could be a killer ---
David
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps that is why T-bombs aren't included in the tournament games except for the Andros who get one. I would be difficult for the Kzinti or Klingons...of even the Feds to mount a drone wave against an enemy who had more T-bombs available than drone waves.

I've played 'Refiner's Fire' back in the 80's and it was a tough scenario but excellent and enjoyable. There were only two of us so I had the Fed and Gorn and my friend Brad had the Romulans and Klingons. I don't remember the specifics as it was around 88 that we played but I think I won???

Well, its my post and I haven't seen him since I left the Air Force...so yeah, I won Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Captain's Log All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: