Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
botwt
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Questions about decals Reply with quote

I bumped into this website http://www.pomroyproductions.com/ a while ago (before I purchased my ships) and was wondering if anyone has used their decals and how they look?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
Lars Porsenna
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decals are much more simplified compared to Starfighter, giving you just what you need for major features. I have decals for the Feddie FFs, and they only include the ship name, callout number, and a few of the stripes. They are nice decals and a good compromise between detail and fiddly-ness.

Damon.
botwt
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Damon!

BTW Happy Easter everyone! Very Happy
botwt
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I placed an order with Pomroy Productions on the 6th, figure simpler is a good way to start out with my first star ships and if I need more detail I can get over to the Starfighter decals.
Thanks again Damon for the help! Very Happy
Mithras
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

botwt wrote:
Well, I placed an order with Pomroy Productions on the 6th, figure simpler is a good way to start out with my first star ships and if I need more detail I can get over to the Starfighter decals.
Thanks again Damon for the help! Very Happy

Couple other thoughts, for what they are worth.

I have ordered a few sets from Pomroy recently. I have been very satisfied with the quality of the product. I would recommend practicing with a decal that you don't necessarily HAVE to use on the first ship you're working on (ie: if you bought a set for heavy cruisers, and you absolutely must have the Enterprise, start with another ship). Reason being that they do need to be trimmed properly to size, and this will take a little jiggering. Nothing terribly fiddly, but worth a consideration.

The other advantage to Pomroy, in my experiencee, is variety. In general, Bob sells his decal types by ship, rather than by box. Which means that, should I want to build a fleet outside an established Federation Commander or SFB box, I can simply buy the strips that best match what I'm working on. This isn't necessarily true of other vendors, who package their decals by established box sets, meaning that, if I want to get an extra ship, or go in a different configuration than what's presented in the Booster, I'll have to buy extra product.

Anyway, very pleased thus far.

-M.
botwt
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks much for the advice Mithras...those are some great and insightful tips!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: