Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you want on e23?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sllarr
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. Tell Leanna I will buy both Klingon Armada pdf's 5 minutes after the rules are available.

The thing with the Klingon Armada rules is that it stands out as the single only product in the enitre Starmada line that can NOT be acquired as pdf.
ThorSilver
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, please put some spare parts products (rulebooks, etc) on e23. I would buy those in a second, whereas the Klingon Armada stuff holds absolutely no interest for me.

However, I just moved back to the USA from elsewhere, and in transit some $350 worth of ADB rulebooks, SSD books, and boxed games disappeared. If useful things like rulebooks, ship cards and what have you were on e23, I would be able to get my collection back together much easier, and I would never have to worry about losing them again. As someone who moves internationally frequently, this would be much easier on both my psyche and my wallet.

Also, I've never purchased Captain's Log due to space concerns, but if those were available as PDFs I'd buy every single issue.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys might have more success emailing Leanna (sales@StarFleetGames.com) with these thoughts.
ThorSilver
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
You guys might have more success emailing Leanna (sales@StarFleetGames.com) with these thoughts.

Done. I hope she finds our input helpful as you folks decide what to put on e23 in the future!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's the one who has to do it (she's the only one who knows how) and she's the most opposed to selling PDFs.
dr_jack_t_ripper
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: others items Reply with quote

Another possibility would be to sell PDFs of old and abandoned/discontinued versions ( like the pocket version). This should not impact your current sales and would allow people to buy the older stuff that is no longer available. The newsletters are also a good idea as are the old out of print Captains logs.

One of the frustrating things for me has been trying to get my hands on items that were only printed when I had no money to buy them and are now unavailable.

By doing the PDFs for these types of items you might be able to get some additional sales on them for only the cost of converting to PDFs and uploading them. Any money made after those costs would be gravy.
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old captains logs would be awesome.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's work being done on reprinting old CLogs.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Ship Cards in PDF. Reply with quote

I really love boosters 91 and 92. I know these products were break evens, due to printing costs, etc. I would have got them in PDF for maybe $5.95 (I think that would be my upper limit price for a booster pack in PDF). This would be perfect for odd-man-out ship sets that don't fall into a mainline product. It might also be a good place to publish more of the simulator empires, as IMHO this would not be a product that could be profitable in print.

If possible, they should include token images as well, for those of us who don't mind a little DIY project.

I would also get Captain's Logs in PDF. I don't play SFB or Fed and Empire, so i can just print the FedCom stuff and add it to my binder.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as token images, just scan the back of the booster cover, print them, cut them out and paste then to blank tokens you can buy from ADB. Thats easy for the do-it-yourself person.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never bought any captians logs, either cos I wasn't into SFB for a large part of the time, or more recently because I don't see it as worth it for what bits are in it to do with FC.

If they were at a decent discount (which I'd expect for a pdf) I could see myself purchasing the whole back catalog, whilst most of it wouldn't be that interesting (especially pre FC editions) I might still enjoy the fiction and just passing away those boring evenings as long as I wasn't thinking I'd spent too much good money on issues that had nothing worthwhile for me in.

I might be expecting too big a discount before buying them though (especially for pre-FC ones), If they were to go up as PDF what sort of price would we be seeing?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not hazard a guess without more study and from now to origins won't have time.
m1a1dat
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an old SFB player i just bought as spare parts couple of the core rule books and booster packs and later the reference rulebook. I didn't buy the extra attack boxed sets as i don't need or want any new maps and especially not any more counters! But i find that i would like the scenarios out of those products. The rulebooks have been mentioned before, but if not those, then how about just the scenarios and maybe the ship description parts from those products that i am missing from just having the reference rulebook.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it, I'd say ship cards from Briefing #2 would be welcome. I'd buy that I think.

I personally would not purchase old Captain's Logs, mostly because most of the material in those is now out of date. Material which does not date, such as fiction, I'd probably buy.

If the rulebooks for the old original version of Prime Directive RPG could be done, I'd be interested in that. It seemed like an interesting system.
jkc
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get the Romulan Armada Ship cards. I got the Klingon Armada ones already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: