Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Atlanta Area FC players?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSweazey
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Atlanta Area FC players? Reply with quote

I purchased FC:Klingon Empire two years ago at DragonCon, but have yet to find anyone to play it with. I have enjoyed watching the groups play it at the Con, and I am foresworn to learn how to play before this year's!

If there are any players/player groups in the Atlanta area willing to be patient and teach a new player, you will add yet another participant to your games!

Michael
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'm real surprised that Atlanta doesn't have any players, as big as it is.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... we're not in Atlanta, but Middle TN.
We're going to try to schedule a big, Saturday session later this summer with some players from St. Louis. If they're gonna drive 4 hours south to hook up with our group, you're also invited to drive 3 hours north to hook up with us that same day.
MSweazey
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have family living in Franklin, and a nephew starting MTSU this fall who was interested in learning! Are you patient teachers? If you are, it sounds like a plan! (Or if you have anything smaller before the big session, maybe we can sit in and learn.)
Mike
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoutdad, let me know about the date(s) for your "Mid-America SFU Exposition Mini-Con". I have a brother who leaves the light on for me in Ooltewah, TN.

=====
Sandpaper gets the job done, but makes for a lot of friction.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSweazey wrote:
I have family living in Franklin, and a nephew starting MTSU this fall who was interested in learning! Are you patient teachers? If you are, it sounds like a plan! (Or if you have anything smaller before the big session, maybe we can sit in and learn.)

Well... imagine that. My house is only 1.7 miles from MTSU (and my daughter will be starting there this fall... and she also plays FedComm - among many other typically male-dominated games)

I like to think our group consists of excellent teachers.
We enjoy introducing new plyers to Fed Comm, SFB, and even F&E, and we've never had anyone complain that we were too rough on them or didn't make it fun.

Kinda gearing up for Origins right now... but afterthat, we'll have a local gaming session at least one Saturday nad one Friday evening each month... (more if we can squeeze them in)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Local Groups & Retailers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: