Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FC: War and Peace cover preview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Preview Upcoming Cover Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: FC: War and Peace cover preview Reply with quote

As posted elsewhere in ADB webland - another fine piece of work by Adam Turner!

Though as I mentioned over there, I hope the Concordium's ships get to do some of the shooting the next time they are featured in some battle art...
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another superb piece of work by Adam. Serving out in the desert, I didn't realise that the release of W&P was so imminent.

Oh well, not too long until I'm back home and can start to catch up on my Fed Cdr.
DirkSJ
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: FC: War and Peace cover preview Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:
As posted elsewhere in ADB webland - another fine piece of work by Adam Turner!

Though as I mentioned over there, I hope the Concordium's ships get to do some of the shooting the next time they are featured in some battle art...

Not exactly sure what a PPD would look like firing Smile. And plasmas firing is more a Romulan/Gorn look heh.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only realised it after seeing Adam's art for the ISC booster (which uses a different set of 3D models to the ones above, it seems):

As on the Concordium ships in the latter pic, the War and Peace ships have their designator codes marked on them!

I hope they will be clear enough to read (and figure out) on the printed version... one more added detail to look forward for.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam did those and I have no idea if he had any idea what he was doing.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nerroth wrote:
I hope they will be clear enough to read (and figure out) on the printed version... one more added detail to look forward for.

Just a question, and not to be insulting, but what's to figure out? There's a formula for these.

I've only sen it published in old Nexus magazines and SFB modules, and not in FC, so maybe that's what you mean, but this still confuses me.

Maybe a one page upload to the website or facebook page?

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of the formula. I'm still looking forward to applying it, and cross-referencing with the starship name registry, to see what ship choices Adam came up with (intentionally or otherwise).

Speaking of ISC designators, do any of the newer classes (like the BB, CW and NCA) have codes which help identify them - or do they overlap with the ones for the fleet as it was presented back in Module C2?

EDIT: The lighting doesn't make it clear, but I think the ship getting TRed in the W&P front cover art might be the CA-15 Trusteeship. (The code seems to read 'start of word', 'CA', 'St', 'space', '1' and '5'.)

Although, as far as I can tell, the same code is on the ship at the bottom of the Booster #29 pic... but has been flipped upside down by accident.
HappyDaze
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the Andromedan ship on the cover of W&P a Dominator? I'm judging so based on the number of TR nubs showing. If so, isn't it odd to hog the cover with a ship that - AFAIK - you have to buy a booster to get?
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an intruder, so far as I know.
Nerroth
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that ship is Adam's outstanding Dominator ship model - the same one which (I think) graces the covers of modules Omega 5 and G3, and that features in the fantastic Andromeda Attacks! pic of his. (That one just missed the chance to be considered for Module X1R's back cover... though I still hope it'll find a worthy home someday!)

To be honest, I don't really mind that the Dominator isn't in the module itself. The CX and DX Adam drew for the cover of Module X1R (and showed taking on the Dominator in his other pic) were from its predecessor, Module X1 - but they still did a fine job of showcasing the advanced technology era ships which X1R expands upon. Plus, there was no Dominator SSD in Omega 5 either, but its presence on the cover highlighted how the gunboats the module did include were used against a common foe.

Plus, that model, in my view, is the meanest, most imposing 3-D object in Adam's entire repertoire - and the more chances it has to kill something (or get shot up in return) in print, the better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Preview Upcoming Cover Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: