Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

StarFighterAce Decal Guides

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: StarFighterAce Decal Guides Reply with quote

Would it be possible to get the rest of the decal guide PDFs from Mark put up on the miniatures page of the starfleetgames.com site? They are fantastic both for showing where the decals go (or painted, if someone is insane), but they also work great as additional painting guides to go along with the ones featured lower on that same page.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for either Mark Tutton, or for SVC - but since Mark now produces decal sheets for several dozen different ships of all races, I would think that the inclusion of all of them on the site isn't going to happen.

For 2 main reasons:
1) They are included with the decals when you receive them, so you have a guide for addign them to the miniatures...
2) They would require a large amunt of the server space allowed for ADB... for something not really needed as they are provided with each miniature order.

Quote:
(or painted, if someone is insane)

Funny you should mention that, while I have used MArk's decals for the red rings on the saucer and for the name/numbers on my Fed ships... most of the rest of the details are painted on the minis... using Mark's decal placement guides as one of my resources.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of his placement guides are just text (no images) - he can email them to you if you need them.
Shadow
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few are in DOC format, yes, but he's also got quite a few in the graphic PDF format, and some more that are not finished. If getting them hosted acted as an impetus for him to finish the rest, all the better. And he did email them to me. However, it seems it would be easier for the average user to download them from one central place.

As for size, they are all just one page PDF documents. They're not THAT big.

As far as I know, I've got all the ones he has completed, so it's not really any skin off my nose. It just seems like this would be a handy resource for the community in general, since there are four examples already there.

No biggie, just a suggestion. Smile
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree with all of that (Mark *really* needs a webpage too). But it's Mark's business and he seems to be doing a great job and pulling in lots of clients without changing.

Besides, if everybody had his decals on their minis, ours wouldn't look so special anymore. Wink
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had about four of them on the other site, and he sent me about six or eight more, which I sent to Matt, who was busy doing game covers and will deal with them Monday or Tuesday of next week. I will pretty much post what Mark sends me. He and I are buddies.
Mazza
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After attempting to hand paint the markings on some of my ships last night, I have ordered some of these decals and am awaiting them with glee.

I did attempt to use the information available to hand paint the markings, but I don't know what I was thinking with hand painting them! I seem to do an OK job with hand painted text and icons on Warhammer 40,000 miniatures... but my obviously hand painted script seems more appropriate in such genres than it does on a beautiful Federation ship hull!

Clearly I don't have as steady a hand as Scoutdad Very Happy
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazza wrote:
After attempting to hand paint the markings on some of my ships last night, I have ordered some of these decals and am awaiting them with glee.

Clearly I don't have as steady a hand as Scoutdad Very Happy

Wow, Thanks for the compliment. And I'm always complaining to my wife that I no longer have a steady hand and wish I'd been able to paint all of my current crop of miniatures when I was 20 or so... Wink
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to have a steady hand when you're staring at a ton and half of lead. Wink
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's not a pound over a metric ton.. .and I know. My wife told me I could build-in the back half of the garage I've been using as a work room over the week-end.

I boxed up all the minis, rules books, terrian, accessories, etc. and moved them into the Dining Room (along the wall behind the dining room table) - it extends from floor to ceiling, wall to wall, to a depth of 4 to 4 1/2 feet from the wall... Rolling Eyes (she didn't realize what she was agreeing to !)

Anyway, I moved everything once, now the room is finished and I get to move it back into my new workroom (and unpack it again Sad ). Any way, after moving it twice - I know there's not a ton and a half.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: