Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soviet / Reich / Napoleonic Octant in SFU ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Soviet / Reich / Napoleonic Octant in SFU ? Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

What about this as a side direction in SFU - pocket empires in a parallel dimension or somewhere remote, maybe warranting its own Octant like the Omega realm, who are descendants of exiles / refugees / transplants from the USSR, Third Reich, Imperial Japan, Napoleonic France, etc.. ?

Sort of like the Vulcan exiles who eventually formed the Romulan Star Empire.

(I started this discussion in my earlier thread about SFU history, and was inspired by SVC's comment about Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising...).

I think this may be even help to further popularize the SFU and reinforce its distinctiveness from the ST/Paramount universe.

Cheers,

Gary
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that would work very well, due to the fact that people can be offended by anything these days...

someone could get the wrong idea and raise a lawsuit or something.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine an entire octant based on this. The map of the galaxy is pretty well already established, and there's really no room for it. The closest that the SFU has to Soviets and the Third Reich are Klingons, who politically are not dissimilar to a combination of the Third Reich and Stalinist Russia.

There are human populations scattered pretty widely through the Octant, apparently by an unknown starfaring species ~100,000 years ago. (Not the Old Kings, someone else.) And lost colonies. This kind of society sounds perfect for Prime Directive adventuring.
Archduke Russell John I
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what the OP is looking for is something like the Britainnans and the Hispanola (with a little bit more history) to be introduced into Federation Commander which is something I would like too. I have been contemplating using my SFB SSD's to try them out in Federation Commander

Personally, I would love to the the two become real world Empires and not just simulator races.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archduke Russell John I wrote:
I think what the OP is looking for is something like the Britainnans and the Hispanola (with a little bit more history) to be introduced into Federation Commander which is something I would like too. I have been contemplating using my SFB SSD's to try them out in Federation Commander

Personally, I would love to the the two become real world Empires and not just simulator races.

Well, that probably isn't going to happen.

That said, adding one of the two to the Simulator Project in Captain's Log isn't out of the question. I doubt it will be incredibly soon (I figure I need to hit at least one more major before doing the minors), but I could be wrong. We'll see.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Archduke Russell John I
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
Well, that probably isn't going to happen.

Mike, I understand that but if wishes were dreams..... Razz Crying or Very sad

mjwest wrote:
That said, adding one of the two to the Simulator Project in Captain's Log isn't out of the question. I doubt it will be incredibly soon (I figure I need to hit at least one more major before doing the minors), but I could be wrong. We'll see.

That would be kind of cool to see it. Though I would ask for Hailing Frequency or the Commander's Circle as well seeing as how I don't usually get the Captain's Log
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, we discussed this at Origins and decided to add the Brits and Hisps in Communique starting sometime in the winter. They may replace the Frax next year.
Archduke Russell John I
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
Actually, we discussed this at Origins and decided to add the Brits and Hisps in Communique starting sometime in the winter. They may replace the Frax next year.

I just did a little happy dance in my office chair. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: