Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grouping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Grouping? Reply with quote

So I am playing a Kzinti yesterday, with a lot of drones on the board (of course!). Is there a way to take the stack of drones that are in the same hex going for the same target and make them act as one object for moving? I see a grouping option on the menu when I right click on a token, but it doesnt seem to do much.

Thanks.
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, you can select all of the drones by highlighting them in the action panel, then use the arrows to move them in the direction you want.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do that. However, I would rather not have to select them EVERY time. That's my point.

So, if groupings don't do that... what is the groupings option on the menu for?
Sweeper
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bane of a Seekers User. Smile I'm not sure if Paul has quite figured out that annoyance yet. I did hear a rumor the those seemingly useless F buttons would work for them. no idea how, though.
Andromedan
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to work on the selection groups for Fed Com. For SFB it is done by the Game Control. But I removed the Game Control in an effort to simplify the Fed Com interface.

I think the solution is to:

1) Add the Group Selection functionality to the Movement tab
2) Figure out how to implement the Fx function key Group Selection functionality on the game board.[/list]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: