Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PBP/PBEM?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the crew is filling out.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean wrote:
Mike West, I need your input! Can we do subtopics within a subtopic? Or do we have to make the RPG a top-level topic to have sub-topics? The Forum isn't my normal environment. Embarassed

I am by no means an expert on PHP, nor am I an administrator (so I can't play with the structure in an obscure corner of the boards). However, we can always go in steps.

I recommend trying this:
- I can make a sticky thread in this topic that will be the PBP thread. It will initially contain both IC and OOC posts. If that gets too confusing, we can always split into two (or more) threads as necessary. This will make it fairly linear, but, like I said, this is as much an experiment as anything. It probably will change as we progress. If there are multiple PBP adventures, we can always make a whole new topic to hold the various adventures.

- I cannot play (just no time Sad ). However, I will read and "fix" things (formatting only; nothing in-game) as I see them.

- Each post must be marked with "[IC]" or "[OOC]" to denote if the post is "in character" or "out of character". Please don't mix the two. That just gets confusing.

- Please let me make the thread. I will then edit the first few posts to contain the base forum and campaign rules. However, please let me know the name of the game in this thread so I can create the game thread. As part of this, I will update those initial posts so that the information stays current.

After that, go to town!

Just remember that we are all learning through this. I will work very hard to make sure nothing is lost in any transition, but there are no guarantees. We will give adequate warning if any structural changes are going to be made.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, thanks ever so much! If you need something done to the structure, ask Joel or me to do it and, with any luck at all, we'll make the changes you need.
Dal Downing
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domingojs23 wrote:
Dear Friends,

But definitely the campaign will be set within the Alpha Octant, along the UFP-Klingon-Romulan frontier, and will emphasize these classic empires.

Cheers,

Gary

OK my prefence would be GURPS but I am flexible, to bad we don't have a D6 System yet but it is coming sometime =p.

Who are we working for? GIA (Starfleet Intelligence), Ourselves (Like Serenity / Firefly), Orion's (Pirates), or other (KGB/Romulans/Tholians?)

Who is rolling the Characters. We roll our own or are we going to get PreGenerated Characters?

Enough for now more later. Its been awhile but I am sorta looking foreward to this.

"Which one of you is the Biggest, Baddest, Bootlicker of the bunch?"
"I am."
"ARCHERS!!! THAT ONE!!!!"
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURPS would be fine for me. I wouldn't mind making a character.

As for the campaign tone, I'll leave that up to the GM, but I would prefer Prime Teams during the middle of the General War.
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Ok, I will start an experimental campaign in the Prime Directive section of the FC board, to help work out the bugs. Watch out for a new thread titled "PD PBP Campaign: Cardinal of Klinshai - Players Only", and read the instructions carefully. Use the "In Character" and "Out of Character" notations, and PM me as needed.

As requested, the Campaign is set in "the middle of the General War"

Alea iacta est !!!

Gary
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made the discussion created by Gary a Sticky, so it will stay at the top of the forum.

Also, when creating a character in GURPS, it is very important to know the point total to use. I have guessed and edited the initial message to specify 200 points. Gary will fix that number if it is wrong.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mike,

Many many thanks for making the sticky !!!

Also thank you for indicating the 200 point parameter.

Cheers,

Gary
domingojs23
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

As I was reviewing my PD References, I came across mention of PD Online:

http://dotf.primedirectiveonline.com/

Is anyone here involved ?

Thanks !

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Prime Directive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: