Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Andro Question - Satellite Ships in Hangers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Andro Question - Satellite Ships in Hangers Reply with quote

I was watching a game last night between the Andromedans and the Klingons, and a question arose that didn't seem to be covered in the War and Peace rules.

If a Satellite Ship is sitting in the hanger, then an Andromedan mother ship can allocate hits to it, starting with the PA Panels. Nothing further than this is stated, however. Satellite ships have PA Panels both to the front and back. Does the Andromedan player pick the PA Panel to allocate against? Or is it determined randomly? And if the Andromedan player can pick, can he choose to split a single volley between both panels? Or can a single volley only be allocated against one of the PA Panels?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer missed that one, too.

The Satellite ship can take the damage on either panel, forward or rear, owning player's choice. An entire volley must be taken on the same panel.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, I am confused by the wording here... if we're talking about damage from enemy fire, only damage that goes to the shuttle bay goes on sat ships in the hangar (5V1a6). So if multiple shuttle bay hits are scored in the same volley, they all go to the same panel bank on the same sat ship, is that right?

What about power going to sat ships in the hangar by (3G5c) point 4? Does it go to one bank on one ship at a time until that bank is full, then another bank until THAT bank is full, et cetera?

(Mike, I know we are asking lots of Andro questions. Thanks for your help.)
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terryoc wrote:
Wait, I am confused by the wording here... if we're talking about damage from enemy fire, only damage that goes to the shuttle bay goes on sat ships in the hangar (5V1a6). So if multiple shuttle bay hits are scored in the same volley, they all go to the same panel bank on the same sat ship, is that right?

That is correct. Only shuttle hits, or (3G5) deactivating panels will cause power to go to the satellite ships in a hangar.

Quote:
What about power going to sat ships in the hangar by (3G5c) point 4? Does it go to one bank on one ship at a time until that bank is full, then another bank until THAT bank is full, et cetera?

You can change panels between volleys. So, as long as the cascading power is done in ten point increments (as the panels pop), then you can change panels each time.

Of course, if the mothership is in that much trouble, where the satellite ship takes the damage is probably irrelevant, as the mothership will take the satellite with it when it goes!

Quote:
(Mike, I know we are asking lots of Andro questions. Thanks for your help.)

Not a problem. Just sorry it is taking time to respond. Like I mentioned in the top topic, I will answer things in more detail next week. (Or respond to challenges with clarifications or fixed answers.)

Quite frankly, as long as it stays easier than web, I will count this a victory.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: