Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Card (and other) Ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battle Force
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: New Card (and other) Ideas Reply with quote

I know the BBS has one of these, but for those who don't use that (or like it better here), I think the FC fourm should have one too!

Any Ideas for Ships, Action Cards, or anything else related to the game.

For purposes of proposing new ship cards, write what boxes the ship has. For instance, the Fed CA would be:

PHOT x2
PH-1 x2
DRN x1
HULL x3

For Action Cards, Explain thouroughly what they do. This does not include weapons cards which are fairly obvious, but still use the correct letters to say what it can shoot and if it's short range, and how much (and little) damage it would do. For example, the "proposal" of the pr-existing PH-1:

Damage: 2-4
Shoots: D, P, F, PF

Or Ph-3 would be:

Damage: 1-2
Short Range
Shoots: D, P, F, PF

So, good luck and please post your creative ideas. Smile

(Note: any of my card proposals will be in a seperate post because I felt it appropriate to keep this as the intro without my ideas scattered all over it. Wink )
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first, here are some more ship ideas I have:

Small Freighter
PH-3 x1
HULL x4

Large Freighter
PH-2 x1
HULL x8

Heavy Freighter:
Ph-2 x1
HULL x 16

Armed Priority Transport:
Ph-3 x1
HULL x2

Free Trader:
Ph-2 x1
Ph-3 x1
HULL x3

I'd Like to see the bases besides just the BATS as well.

Now, some weapons cards I though of.

Fusion Beam:
Damage: 3-5
Short Range
Shoots: PF

Hellbore:
Damage: 4-6
Special: When Rienforce Shields is played against HB damage, the damage is only reduced by 2.

Expanding Sphere Generator:
Damage: 5
Short Range
Shoots: D, F, PF
Special: May be used to reduce Hellbore damage.

Particle Cannon:
Damage: 2-5

Web Breaker:
Damage: 0
Shoots:
Special: Use for one of two effects:
Web markers on target are removed or Reinforce Shields is negated completely.

Another idea: Fast Cruisers! But these add a special new mechanic: They can move from the reserves to the Screen or vice versa in one formation phase.

Here's one example:

Federation CF:
PH-1 x3
PHOT x1
DRN x1
HULL x3
Special: Fast
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinecone, you put a lot of thought into those.

Have you thought any cards that would be similar to Legendary Gunner or Legendary Engineer? Maybe Legendary Helmsman allows you to make 2 formation moves rather than one.

Maybe a Mine card where you place it in front of an opponents ship and he cant move the ship for two turns or he takes damage.

Maybe a Rookie card that you can use against a ship that is firing on you. The card reduces your opponents die rolls or reduces damage because he now has a rookie crew for one turn.

Just some thoughts.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm! I like those Ideas. I think that there definetly should be other Legendary Officers. Here are some other ideas:

Legendary Doctor: Look through the discard pile and take one other legendary officer from there into your hand. This represents him helping another injured officer get back to health.

Legendary Scientist: Played when under attack, anyone one type of weapon (DISR, DRN) fired at you does no damage. This represents him temporarily develpoing a shield that stops that type of damage.

Legendary Pilot: Played to when using planet based fighters or a carrier attack. He reduces the counter-attack damage by 1 and increases the damage done by the fighters by 1.

Legedary Captian: Played when under attack by an enemy. The damage your ship takes is reduced by 50% and that ship can immediatly fire a counter attack with any weapons it has.

Legendary Communications Officer: Played while under attack to allow another ship on your side to fire weapons at oncoming drones, plasma, ect. This represents her getting out a distress call almost instantly and providing targets for the other ship to shoot.

Legendary Yeoman: Brings the captian coffee Laughing Laughing Laughing
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh... this forum isn't really set up to handle this sort of thing. We have a topic on the BBS where new cards are proposed so that people can get proper credit for them. When it's time to do Captain's Log, I just go to that topic and look for interesting things to do. Given the way PHP works, it's simply too hard to find things here and I'd never come here looking for stuff so I'd never find those. Basically, this topic is a waste of time for that reason. Ideas here will never be found to be used, and without real names, nobody would get credit if they did. I wouldn't mind if you posted BOTH here and the BBS so that people here can see the ideas without having to dig into the BBS, but if it's not on the BBS, you're just posting to a black hole.

I suppose, at best, somebody might see (a few months from now) my posting notes about working on CL#42 and come copy this topic and email it all to me, but that's kind of a hope and a prayer.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I understand your concerns 100%. The other board would be the proper place to submit our propsals for review.

Since pinecone and I like this board, we use it as a way to bounce suggestions off each other and to discuss a topic in which we both have interest. Sorta like brainstorming for ideas.

If pinecone and I settle on some cards we would like to submit for future consideration/use, we will follow proper procedures and post on the other board.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewell, since I liked one or two of those.
wedge_hammersteel
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

piney, if you want, I will work with you to develop an official submission to SVC of the new card ideas that we think of for the next Captain's Log. I will post our final new card choices on the other board.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC - Be aware that pinecone is a minor and (last I heard) is under (wise) parental instruction to not use his real name on the internet. Thus, he is not able to have an account on the legacy bbs and this php forum is the only thing available to him.
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dj.... thats why I offered to help him with this... Very Happy
and its good for SVC to know too
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wedge and Dj Smile

Okay, lots of quotes are gonna be here, so get ready Wink

Quote:
Sigh... this forum isn't really set up to handle this sort of thing. We have a topic on the BBS where new cards are proposed so that people can get proper credit for them. When it's time to do Captain's Log, I just go to that topic and look for interesting things to do. Given the way PHP works, it's simply too hard to find things here and I'd never come here looking for stuff so I'd never find those. Basically, this topic is a waste of time for that reason. Ideas here will never be found to be used, and without real names, nobody would get credit if they did. I wouldn't mind if you posted BOTH here and the BBS so that people here can see the ideas without having to dig into the BBS, but if it's not on the BBS, you're just posting to a black hole.

I suppose, at best, somebody might see (a few months from now) my posting notes about working on CL#42 and come copy this topic and email it all to me, but that's kind of a hope and a prayer.

Yes, I know. But...

Quote:
SVC - Be aware that pinecone is a minor and (last I heard) is under (wise) parental instruction to not use his real name on the internet. Thus, he is not able to have an account on the legacy bbs and this php forum is the only thing available to him.

Yes, thank you Djdood. This is correct. I am at (very) limited liesure to us my first name, but nothing beyone that. If you want to wait a few years, then sure, I'll post on the BBS Wink

Quote:
Steve, I understand your concerns 100%. The other board would be the proper place to submit our propsals for review.

Since pinecone and I like this board, we use it as a way to bounce suggestions off each other and to discuss a topic in which we both have interest. Sorta like brainstorming for ideas.

If pinecone and I settle on some cards we would like to submit for future consideration/use, we will follow proper procedures and post on the other board.

Yes, I completly agree with this. This is merely the brainstorming phase. I alone cannot move onto the "official" phase, but because Wedge' offered

Quote:
piney, if you want, I will work with you to develop an official submission to SVC of the new card ideas that we think of for the next Captain's Log. I will post our final new card choices on the other board.

This, I can. And Wedge, I appreciate your offer much. I will definetly take you up on that. Thank you Very Happy !
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I though of a new action card too.

High Energy Turn!
Allows a ship that was just fired at to launch an immediate counter-attack. No as good as the Legendary captian, but (in the same way) is Overload as good as the Legendary gunner?

Oh, and another:

Seletorian Heavy Cruiser
Wind of the, uh... something poetic Laughing
PH-1 x2
PC x2
WB x1
MAR x1 (the bugs have lots of marines, so why not?)
HULL x3
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legendary Coffee: When played with the Legendary Yeoman, brings the captain a really good cup of coffee.

The Seltorian ship's name should be "wind of moving air molecules".
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terryoc wrote:
Legendary Coffee: When played with the Legendary Yeoman, brings the captain a really good cup of coffee.

The Seltorian ship's name should be "wind of moving air molecules".
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr. Green Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Legendary Creamer: Played with Legendary yeoman and Legendary coffee. Makes the captian have his favorite type of coffee Very Happy

Well fellas, I'll be gone for about a week, but once I come back I'll work with you guys on the official proposal. See you! Smile
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. ± '?: I feel for ya, but cannot help you. For it to be considered for use, it's got to be either on the BBS with your real name, or by email with your real name (far less preferable as most of them get lost). Your best of a lot of bad choices is to get somebody to post it on the BBS for you and tell me your real name by email if you somehow hear that I need your real name to publish it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battle Force All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: