Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FCOL Tournament: Information, Announcements and Deadlines
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: FCOL Tournament: Information, Announcements and Deadlines Reply with quote

Here's the rules:

OK folks, I'm willing to be the organiser for a FCOL tournament since there seems to be some interest. Here's a draft of the rules, please read them and comment on them. My own explanation/comments in parts are green.

Federation Commander Online Tournament Rules

1.General Tournament Rules
Ships shall be selected and games shall be played according to the latest revision of the Origins Federation Commander tournament rules as posted on the federationcommander.com website forums, except as modified here.
A. Ship Selection: The Organiser of the tournament shall set a date for ship selections and only ships available in the Federation Commander Online Client at that date shall be eligible for selection.Other restrictions shall be the same as the Origins ship selection rules. (Paul Franz and others are working hard to add more ships to the client and the selection is increasing rapidly, but I don't want to advantage later selectors over earlier ones. If FCOL gets more use, it will encourage them to put more in the client. Later tournaments will have more ships available than earlier ones, but that's no different to Origins really.)
B. Time Limit: Games shall last for eight turns or until one player concedes. You don't have to play all eight turns at once, you'll have three weeks to get the game in, and it should be possible to save the game in mid-game. Wins matter, points will only be used as tie-breakers.

2. Online Specific Tournament Rules
Communication between the Organiser and the Players: The Organiser shall post deadline and match-up information on the federationcommander.com site. The Organiser shall also email players with this information. Announcements may also be posted on the starfleetgames Discus forums and/or the ADB, Inc. Facebook page. While the Organiser shall make every effort to ensure that players are adequately informed, it is the responsibility of the players to make sure they know the deadlines and matchups, and understand the rules.
Emails to the Organiser: All emails to the Organiser must have the name of the tournament in the subject line (e.g. "FCOL Tournament #1") or else the email wasn't sent. (This is to make it easy for the Organiser to find the email(s) later.)
Signup: Players sign up by sending an email to the Organiser. Once all the players are signed up, the Organiser will set a date for the ship selections (to determine which ships are available for selection) and players have one week after that date to select their squadron and email their squadron to the Organiser.
Play Deadlines: Once the Players are informed of their match-ups, they must arrange between each other a mutually agreeable time to play the game on FCOL. The Players shall have a certain amount of time to make these arrangements and complete the game. (These deadlines may vary from tournament to tournament.) It's up to both players to actively pursue the match; if one player makes a reasonable effort to arrange a game and another does not, the first player is awarded a win. If neither does, both are awarded a loss. "Reasonable effort" is in the judgement of the Organiser. All emails between players attempting to arrange a game should be carbon-copied (cc'ed) to the Organiser so that the Organiser has evidence that players are actively pursuing the match-up. If both players are actively pursuing the match but circumstances beyond the players' control prevent it from happening, the Organiser may extend the deadline or adjudicate a result at his option.
Number of rounds: This will be a four-round tournament, that way, with three weeks per game, it should be over in three months.
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Signups Reply with quote

OK I'm taking signups now. To give everyone plenty of time to pick squadrons and sign up, you have two weeks from next Monday 16th August 2010, to sign up and get your entries in. Entries will close Monday 30th August 2010. After that, I'll post random match-ups and you'll have three weeks to get your games in.

To sign up, please email me your name, FCOL callsign, Federationcommander.com username, and your selected squadron. My email address will be in my profile.

I don't know how many people will sign up, but I'll run the tourney for four rounds. That will take three months (4 x 3 weeks).
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry -- Thanks for keeping this going. I'll have my signup in after I think more about the squadron I want to use.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have my selection in.
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Terry as well.
I hope we get a good turn out for participation.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having my parents send email momentarily Very Happy ...
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm in. Will have to time some bills and such correctly so I can resub to Fedcom, but I am contemplating my ship picks.
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK three or four signups so far...
Savedfromwhat
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey terry i have been way usy this week I will pick my ships and get you my signup this week. my callsign is Savedfromwhat and I will be playing Orions.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry -- How are the signups going?

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got about five or six so far. In a while I'll post a list of signups here.

So far gotten emails from:
Signed up so far:

Philip Moore
Pinecone
Eric Phillips
Garret
Bill Barnes

If your name should be on the list but isn't, send me an email again or shoot me a PM here.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Krellex and SavedFromWhat will make seven. It would be great to make it 8!
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is eight as Terry forgot to list my name (he had earlier sent me a confirmation). Based on earlier posts, I expect ScoutDad (Tony T.) will be signing up as well. So, I expect we will have at least nine. If someone among us is willing to step up to Assistant GM, I expect Terry could play as well if he wants and that would get us up to at least ten.

storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really love to join, but may not make up my mind till later... my father has just come out of hospital after a major operation and I need to be sure that I'm not going to have other priorities in a couple of weeks time.

Also I need to decide whether I want to try where voice isn't mandatory, I really disliked playing without voice, far to much concentration on tracking phases etc spoilt my attempt at FCOL. I'm assuming though that most others would accept using some voice software, so I think I'd join if other factors don't get in the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: