Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starmada in CL41

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Starmada in CL41 Reply with quote

After getting 4 ships in CL 40, I was really disappointed to only get two Starmada ships in CL 41. Even worse, neither ship was Romulan or Gorn... and *one* of the ships was just a minor tweak of one that appeared in CL 41! Even worser, the two Fed ships in CL 40 are in Romulan Armada.

That's not nice for us Romulan Armada fans. Please don't forget us in CL 42, okay? Cool

Actually... what would be nice for the next issue... updated ships for the *Fast* cruisers from both Romulan Armada and Klingon Armada. Make 'em, you know, faster than the ships they are modified from, you know.... Wink
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you;'re going to have to talk to Daniel Kast about fast ships, since I don't design for his system. His system doesn't really understand power allocation and so it doesn't really understand fast ships (or slow ships like a war eagle).
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually... my request above may be lame.

Just bring us back up to 2 pages + 4 ships (instead of 1 page + 2 ships) and make sure to include at least one plasma ship and I'll be happy.

A second page of Prime Directive stuff wouldn't hurt anything either!
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only 120 pages in a Captain's Log, and there is FIERCE competition for them. The SFB guys want more pages, the F&E guys want more pages, the PD guys want more pages, and the FC guys want more pages. Oh, and everybody wants more pages of fiction.
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just go buy the supplemental file. That's like getting more pages for all of them. Smile
vejlin
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

regarding the fast ships. I've tried plugging the numbers into the various calculators available at mj12's starmada forum and the points difference for adding a point of "engine" is very minor (IIRC we're talking about 10 points on a ship that's almost 300 points to begin with, so just a few percent) and shouldn't upset game balance even if you don't charge for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: