Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc. Facebook page is up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Web Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc. Facebook page is up! Reply with quote

Hi all,

The Facebook page is now far more than the skeleton page it was when we started. We have pictures up now of ADB, Inc. staff, links to many of our videos, snippets of information, and interaction with our fans. Eric and I are the main voices you will hear on the Facebook page -- if I don't know an answer, I'll ask one of the Steves and ferry the answer back to Facebook.

All that is left is for you become a fan of Amarillo Design Bureau, Inc. if you haven't done so already.

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amarillo-Design-Bureau-Inc/231728653279?ref=mf. I hope to see you there!

Jean
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Our page on Facebook has really grown in the last couple of months. If you are not a fan, you are missing Humor Fridays for sure. SVC has also started releasing the various medals, campaign ribbons, honors, and awards of the officers and staff of ADB, Inc. (When you contribute in a significant way to the SFU, these are awarded to recognize your work.) My mouth dropped open when I saw the Steves' and Leanna's pages. Shocked Surprised When I look at Joe Butler's I know that I walk behind giants. Smile

I've seen some of you on Facebook; if you haven't visited us, please do! I think you'll enjoy it.

Jean
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our page on Facebook update.

As SVC wrote last night: As I do periodically, I scrounged recent files for things Jean can put on our page on Facebook. There’s quite a collection of stuff over there that nobody who is only on this BBS has ever seen.

From an email: [Some of this art] NEVER gets seen by the public, until Jean Sexton pries them out of Steve Cole's exhausted fingers.

Twisted Evil And I never post everything I have in one day!

Guys, it really is a fun site to visit. SVC and I have taken advantage of the visual nature of Facebook and put up a lot of artwork. Covers, studies of weapons, interior art from books, and studies of fighters are all there. Forthcoming will be the perspective studies of Igneous, closeups of some of the counters for Star Fleet Marines: Assault!, more interior art, and ship studies. There's art by Todd Boyce, SVC, Xander Fulton, Loren Knight, Dale McKee, Richard Smith, Adam Turner. and some of our other artists.

It is a lot of fun. We keep it lighthearted and informative. If you "like" us, you'll get notice of StarBlog posts about the company, daily updates, notice when new things are posted, be able to make comments on the art, and tell us that we're going the right direction by "liking" our posts.

You'll be able to meet new friends as many of the people on Facebook are not on the BBS or the Forum. I hope to see you there! Very Happy

Jean

The address to our page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amarillo-Design-Bureau-Inc/231728653279?ref=mf
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might like these pictures of Our Favorite Gorn visiting the Origins Game Fair. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amarillo-Design-Bureau-Inc/231728653279?ref=mf (Special thanks to Phil Shanton who provided the pictures.)

The convention was fun and people enjoyed the Federation Commander tournament, the SFB Gold Hat tournament, the F&E games, and the seminars. We hope to see you there next year!
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a Discussion topic to our page on Facebook that might interest you. It is for players to find players who are nearby. Since we have a different mix of people over there, you might want to check it out.

(It is also Humor Friday and there is a link to the blog and another poster, so there are other reasons to visit!)
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVC suggested that this might be useful information to know. It is basically a repeat of what is on the BBS, so if you read it there, you've already seen it and can move along to read new information. Smile

This Week on our page on Facebook:

We started the week on Friday with "Humor Friday" and had the usual demotivational poster and filk. The poster "The Romulan Star Empire" seemed to be well liked.

Lots of artwork went up. More artwork by Dale McKee, a new wallpaper, more of Xander's art, more of SVC's fighter art, and more empire insignia were featured.

We mentioned our volunteers, had sneak previews of some of the Wall of Honor art, and have notes about the medals. People there spotted issues that were quickly fixed.

We added a couple of new functions to our page. First is "Events". If I know about a demo, I can add an event so that other local people can drop in. Second, I added discussion groups for contacting players. Contacting people and networking is what Facebook is all about, so this should work well. Remember that we have a different mix of people there, so try looking for people there and leave your own name.

Links to blog posts that gave more information about the activities of the company can be found on our page. Also, links to e23 products were provided.

Reducing all of this information to a bare-bones description doesn't do it justice. What I can promise you is a fun and friendly place to visit, a good mix of information from the company, and lots of art. (Lots and lots of art ...) If you know someone who was overwhelmed by the flood of information here, you might suggest that our page on Facebook could fill his needs.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been remiss in making sure the weekly report gets in this topic. Let me bring you up to date:

August 7-13

As is our norm, we started the week on Friday with "Humor Friday" and had the usual demotivational poster, but changed things up with the blog link. SVC revised an older CL humor piece and we put that up. The poster this week, "Star Fleet Command", was perhaps our most popular so far.

Lots of artwork went up. More of SVC's fighter art, more art by Dale McKee (including a first glimpse of the Borak), "lost" pictures from our favorite Gorn's Origns saga, and more empire insignia were featured along with other art rarely seen.

We added a couple of new events at Stratigicon. People started using the discussion topics to link up with other players.

I'm trying to make sure that big events on the Federation Commander Forum get mentioned on our page. For example, did you know that there is an FCOL tournament being set up? Registrations are already up to five people and I'm excited about the possibilities.

Links to blog posts that gave more information about the activities of the company can be found on our pageas can the link to our new e23 product (Romulan Armada Ship Cards).

There is a lot of fun on our page on Facebook. As I mentioned when we added a lot of people in a couple of days, "Welcome to all our new friends! Please take some time to explore our page. You'll find lots of photos, a few reviews (feel free to add to those), discussions where you can indicate that you'd like to meet local players, and some notes about the medals on the Wall of Honor. We have an active page and hope that you'll jump right on in with 'likes' and comments."

August 14-20

We started the week on Friday with "Humor Friday" and had a demotivational poster that was inspired by one of our friends there. We did do a filk blog again this week. We also, in honor of Friday the 13th, had an additional piece of fun: the proposed cover for Federation Commander: Aloha Attack

Lots of artwork went up. Xander's beautiful Klingon Squadron insignia work started going up. Other insignia, more of SVC's art, more of Dale's pencil roughs (thanks for sending me those, Dale!), and other work by Xander can be seen on our page.

Links to all our e23 products are there. With the way that Facebook works, you can even see a thumbnail of the cover of the product.

Of course, a lot of the buzz has been on PD Feds. I'm excited about it and that excitement spills over there.

If you have a page on Facebook, do join us. We run between 1-7 posts a day with the extra posts being announcements, art, and other "fun" things that you probably will never see on the Forum or on the BBS.

I hope I will see you there!
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As is our norm, we started the week on Friday with "Humor Friday" and started with "Death", a demotivational poster that was inspired by one of our friends there (and a frequent contributor here). There was a filk for the ride home from work.

We also solicited input about the FC Ship Card packs on e23 and made announcements about the same. We also announced the playtest of some new Canadi'en ships.

More artwork went up. Xander's beautiful Klingon Squadron insignia work continued going up. Other insignia, more of SVC's art, more of Dale's pencil roughs, classic works by Dan Carroll, and other work by Xander can be seen on our page.

Information about PD Feds is there, including artwork for the Fralli.

Consider joining us on Facebook. It's harmless fun and there is art (such as Dale's) that you won't see anywhere else. We keep it light-hearted and informative.

Be our friend on Facebook!
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fun Friday" started the week with Chief Engineers and the story of the Crawford Box and how it came to be.

More artwork went up. This is the only place that you can see Ted Geibel's beautiful artwork for the planets of the Federation. Andor just went up and the commentary has been uniformly positive. More of Xander's artwork went up, including the mockup for the cover of CL#42. Another of Dale McKee's pencil roughs was also added.

Many announcements went up, including our new YouTube videos, our medal recipients, e23 notifications, and the opening reports of progress on SFB Module Y3.

We do have an active community there and I hope that more of you consider joining us on Facebook. It has art (such as those breathtaking planets) that you won't see anywhere else. We keep it light-hearted and informative.

I hope I will see you there!
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclusively on Facebook!

A sneak (and preliminary) preview of a ship from the forthcoming SFB Module C3A (The Andromedan Threat File). Thing is, SVC whipped out his notes as an FC Ship Card!

You can read the whole story there.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that our page on Facebook is active and going strong! There's lots of art goodness to be seen, including a forthcoming album taken at Origins in 1988.

Check us out! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amarillo-Design-Bureau-Inc/231728653279?ref=mf

Oh, and don't forget our blog today as it explains what is going on in the home office. Smile

http://federationcommander.blogspot.com/2011/04/topsy-turvy-world.html
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean, the architect needs you to call him about Petrick's new house.

Something about the size of your shoe closet.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<sigh> That was supposed to be the jewelry closet for the 365 pairs of earrings.
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that out page on Facebook is going strong and we'd love to have you be our friend there. We have lots of art, the Friday demotivational poster, and lots of tidbits of news.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amarillo-Design-Bureau-Inc/231728653279?ref=mf
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have liked our page on Facebook, then you need to know that I'm doing a check. FB apparently does not show our posts in all of our friends' newsfeeds. They would like us to pay to have the information show up. Sad I do need to know if you are seeing the posts in your newsfeed, so I have posted something for you to let me know if you did. If you didn't, but saw that you should have through the BBS, then I'd like to know that as well.

Thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Web Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: