Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday Smackdown!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Sunday Smackdown! Reply with quote

Hi there. If anyone is available, I'll log on to to FCOL at 1pm ET/10 am PT this Sunday and start a room called Smackdown.

Join me at that time. Basically, anyone who comes gets a ship of their choice (up to a total of 150 points) and then, when everyone is ready, we battle until one ship is left.

The map will include some terrain, and maybe some "powerups." I will create a map overlay so you can download it and use it in FCOL, and I'll provide instructions to install it. I will have that ready by Saturday.

Tell me if you are interested! I would like to make the event weekly.

Last edited by ericphillips on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested, though the timing may be a bit awkward (about our sunday dinner time), I'd be up for it as much as possible.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

storeylf wrote:
I'm interested, though the timing may be a bit awkward (about our sunday dinner time), I'd be up for it as much as possible.

Yeah, its tough for us to time things, being we are 8 hours off from each other. LOL.

I hope to see you there.
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to make it this Sunday, but I think this sounds like a great idea. I should be able to make it sometime in the future.

Garrett
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there! Very Happy
Drew Klenotic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be around...
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Sunday Smackdown! Scenario Reply with quote

The map overlay is here: http://www.zumodrive.com/share/80V3OTA2Yj

To install it, you need to put it into your fc/library/maps directory. To find the correct path, as they vary from version to version of OSes. To find the map folder, go to the options menu of the Main client window, choose preferences, click on the FC tab, and it will give you the path to the library.

Here is the scenario for Smackdown 1:

The Master’s are restless. In need of regular diversion they have instituted the Smackdown, a weekly contest of events involving their kidnapped victims.

NUMBER OF PLAYERS
Two to Eight: Each player commands one ship from those in FCOL of no more than 150 points.

INITIAL SETUP
Map: This scenario uses map overlay smackdown1.mpo.
Players: Each player begins equidistant from each other at the edge of the map, facing the planet.

OBJECTIVE
Mission- All: Capture or destroy the enemy ship (s).
Victory: Use the victory point system.
Time Limit: The scenario continues until only one ship remains, or the end of turn 12. There is no disengagement. Leave the map and consider your ship destroyed.

SPECIAL RULES
Planet: This is an airless world. Any ship, drone, plasma or shuttle entering any hex even partially covered by the planet image is destroyed.

Power Ups: During the launch phase of impulse 4 and 8, the planet “burps” out a “power up.” It appears randomly in one of the six hexes, facing A through F (not the in between ones). It appears in the outermost planet hex, and begins moving the next impulse.
This is a ball of energy that moves at speed 8 (with lowest priority), straight in the direction it appeared (i.e. it was in the “B” hex, it moves in direction “B”).

When a ship enters the same hex as the powerup (or the power up moves into the same hex as a ship), the ship immediately grabs the power up.
Roll on the following table:

6 roll Power-up Type
1 +d6 Energy
2 +d6 Repair Points
3 +d6 Damage Next Volley
4 Repair d6 Shield Points
5 +1 extra “free” HET
6 Take d6 points of damage.

If two or more ships eneter the hex simultaneously, roll to see who grabs it, except for result #6. In that case, all of those ships take the damage. Serves you for being greedy.

At the start of the scenario, the first power up launched on the end of turn #0.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Are the Hydrans allowed their stingers? Are temporary alliances allowed?
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stingers- yeah, you got to pay the point, so why not.

Alliances: sure, but most points win. You know what they call the person who cmes in second? LOSER!
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to make it.
it sounds like fun, and I got the map overlay already to go.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was a fast response! I think I'll use someone other than Feds this time. Down to the basement to look through ship cards.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can BoM ships be used?
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its in the client, its ok. This is for fun, If youthink a certain ship would be fun to play, go ahead.
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smackdown-1 is over. Thanks to Pinecone for playing, and Mojo Bilbo for stopping by.

This can be a fun event. If the majority wold like a different time to play it, feel free to suggest it.

Next Sunday, 1PM ET/10 AM PT is Smackdown II: The Wrath of the Masters

This one will feature the Master's new toy: jump gates.

Scenario will be posted later this week. See you Sunday.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking eric: since we got such a small turnout this week, what if we kept the original format for one more week, to test it further. just thinking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: