Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next FC Products idea: Alliance Attack and Coalition Attack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Next FC Products idea: Alliance Attack and Coalition Attack Reply with quote

Some of the products on the "possibilities list" right now are Kzinti and Gorn attack, to add more ships to the rosters of the western and eastern empires respectively. However, the Gorn and Kzintis both have enough ships, and Attack products like that would probably have the same number of Kzintis as Klingons. Certainly, there are more ships we need to get into the game, but not enough of any one empire to make that empire the basis for an attack, save the ISC. That is why I propose these products:

Alliance attack, filling out the missing ship classes for the Alliance races who need them, and Coalition Attack, doing the same for the Coalition. These would be a good place to put the CBs, but also the other "missing" ships (Gorn Medium Command Cruiser, Romulan KR and Vulture, Klingon LD5, Kzinti Destroyer, Lyran POL, ect.) Perhaps even a "Neutral Attack" with the PFFs, more Vudar, ISC, Orion, Seletorian, and Andro, although that would be a little far fetched. Ceratinly, we need an ISC attack or Andromeadan Attack to come first, but afterwards, I think this would be a fun product and have enough of the "core empires" to make it sell. What do you guys think?
jeffery smith
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinecone, I seem to remember that Svc said "Gorn Attack" is next but Mjwest pointed out the need for more ISC. Personnely i will purchase all the FedComm goodies that ADB can produce as fast as i can. While your idea sounds good i would like to see what Svc thinks is next.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffery smith wrote:
Personnely i will purchase all the FedComm goodies that ADB can produce as fast as i can.

Me too, at least for the printed products....
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be wrong to say that Kzinti Attack would be mostly Kzintis. It would have two or three, but also Klingon, Lyran, Hydran, WYN. Maybe even Fed or Orion.

It would also be wrong to assume that Gorn Attack would be mostly Gorns. it would have Tholians, Romulans, and maybe Feds and Orions.

There is also the possible ISC Attack (or Andro Attack, or Alien Attack), which would also have Vudar and Andro.

There would not be a Coalition Attack or Alliance Attack. That's not how the ships are packed.
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
It would be wrong to say that Kzinti Attack would be mostly Kzintis. It would have two or three, but also Klingon, Lyran, Hydran, WYN. Maybe even Fed or Orion.

It would also be wrong to assume that Gorn Attack would be mostly Gorns. it would have Tholians, Romulans, and maybe Feds and Orions.

There is also the possible ISC Attack (or Andro Attack, or Alien Attack), which would also have Vudar and Andro.

There would not be a Coalition Attack or Alliance Attack. That's not how the ships are packed.

Why would you call it "Kzinti Attack" if the Kzinti aren't even the ships of majority?

"Since my customary greeting would seem entirely self serving, I will simply say good luck."

"Live long and Prosper."
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS Enterprise wrote:
Why would you call it "Kzinti Attack" if the Kzinti aren't even the ships of majority?

To give it a name and give it scope. And this has always been true. Klingon Attack had way more than Klingons, and I don't think they had the most ships.

And by "scope" I mean what will be included. So, in a Kzinti Attack any Feds would likely not include, say, the FFL or NAL, but those two ships would likely end up in a Gorn or ISC Attack.

But this is all "pie in the sky" right now, anyway. First Steve is gonna have to figure out if another Attack module can be done at all, much less which one and what it will include.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
USS Enterprise wrote:

To give it a name and give it scope. And this has always been true. Klingon Attack had way more than Klingons, and I don't think they had the most ships.

And by "scope" I mean what will be included. So, in a Kzinti Attack any Feds would likely not include, say, the FFL or NAL, but those two ships would likely end up in a Gorn or ISC Attack.

But this is all "pie in the sky" right now, anyway. First Steve is gonna have to figure out if another Attack module can be done at all, much less which one and what it will include.

Well, I presently own Romulan Space and attack, and Klingon Border. I don't have Klingon attack yet and, as such, don't have a clue what's in it.

However, the Klingons still would have more than anyone else, correct?

"Since my customary greeting would seem entirely self serving, I will simply say good luck."

"Live long and Prosper."
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, they don't have more than anyone else.

You can see what's in the product on the starfleet store webpage:

Fed BCJ, Police

Klingon D5, D5W, E4

Kzinti NCA, DN, BCH, CL, CM, DW

Tholian DD

Orion LR and Salvage Cruiser

Free Trader.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to Gorn attack. I have noticed a lack of Gorn ships in a few pint ranged. Heck, there isn't even a Gorn ship good gor a 150 point duel. The jump is fromt he 130s to the 160s. Gorn have been given the short shrift.

Mike, while I agree that the ISC might need expansion, the Gorn have been a part of FC since the beginning, not a recent add on.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericphillips wrote:
I am looking forward to Gorn attack.

Again, there is no guarantee there will ever be another Attack module. Steve will need to make that determination next year.

Also, to be totally honest, I doubt the Gorns would get any more or any fewer ships whether the name of the hypothetical module is Gorn Attack or ISC Attack. Regardless of the name, I would expect the ship distribution to be nearly identical.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, instead of an Attack product, there is a new product:

Federation Commander: Reinforcements

It would be similar to the attack products, but contain 5-6 ships from each empire with a single map board for stability. Something like;

- Federation Commander: Klingon Reinforcements (including 5 ships for Federation, Klingon, and Kzinti)

- Federation Commander: Romulan Reinforcements (including 5 ships for Federation, Romulan, and Gorn)

Other Reinforcement packs would add Lyrans, Hydrans, Vudar, ISC, Tholian, and Seltorians.

With an eye toward e23, each pack of 5 ships could be available as individual PDF downloads.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, please don't get caught on the GornAttack thing. Callit whatever. My point was the ISC have been in FC for six months, Gorn for years. The gorn need more ships and deserve them first.
USS Enterprise
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the single board idea since them map (Usually) floats.

Also, interesting about Klingon Attack, I do wonder why it wasn't just called Kzinti Attack.

"Live long and Prosper."
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USS Enterprise wrote:
Don't like the single board idea since them map (Usually) floats.

The single board is just to give the packaging some rigidity - same as was done in Hydran Attack.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, interesting about Klingon Attack, I do wonder why it wasn't just called Kzinti Attack.

I suspect it was about marketing. Klingon Attack better indicates that it is basically an expansion for Klingon Border (although it can be played with just Academy or Romulan Border). Also, the Klingons have better name recognition for those new to the SFU.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: