Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planet Killer Completed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdood wrote:
Ouch.

I think I'd cry if one of my minis I'm pouring all this effort into got squashed.

That's how you told the munchkins from the gamers. The munchkins gladly placed their victim on the anvil and smashed it with the 4-pound hammer - all the while, giggling maniacally. Twisted Evil

The gamers on the other hand kept their conquests and then had multiple units to chose from in subsequent games. Often a big advantage when your opponent has only a single mech to play and you have 2 or more to choose from Cool
Robert Knoke
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a friend who moved to Henderson, TN about ten years ago... My wife and I also have friends who live in that area.

I won't name names, but the "Local" friends decided to be nice, and show our Yank buddy a couple of gaming locales. Needless to say, they were also playing 40K (the Yank happended to be playing with some borrowed Orkies),.

He claims that he was whoopin on everyone-- apparently in a 1500 point, five-sided free for all. What our local friends were saying, the Yank was only doing well in his mind. After about the fifth turn (or so) the reality of his situation left him with just a few Orks left. He also threw a fit, and uprooted the table along with everyone's minis.

We were told that a LOT of talking went on (with some very harsh euphemisms) just to keep the guy from getting his gluts kicked up to the height of his forehead. I still say, maybe it shouldn't have been stopped!

It goes without saying.... good players are hard to find! Finding well mannered good players are even harder to find!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: