Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smackdown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Smackdown Reply with quote

Hey, I am back, after being away for so long. I'll be online on FCOL thins Sunday at 10:30 am for some smackdown. Join me,
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, Sunday 10:30 in which time zone, please? (I could be 10-12 hours ahead of you depending on which part of the world you are in)
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10:30am Pacific USA time (west coast) / 1:30pm Eastern. Count me in!

Garrett
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thats right, there is other time zones. I thought the world revolved around California! LOL

10:30 AM PT, 1:30 PM ET (New York), 18:30 UTC, 6:30 PM London
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Smackdown on for this Sunday (the 23rd)? I should be available.

Garrett
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smackdown is on for the 23rd. Starts at 10AM PT, 1PM ET, 6PM London. The game is for up to six players so join us!!

Here is the basic rules (not well written, ask questions if you need too).

Dilithium Crystal Grab
(Loosely based on SG46, Dilithum Crystal Asteroid, but in an asteroid field, with powerups, and smaller fleets).

Object:
Battle to have the most crystals when the game ends. Get them from the source, or steal them from your opponents.

Map:
42x30 with standard asteroid overlay, and terrain pieces (18 hexes of heavy asteroids, 1 with the dilithium source). The map overlay is included in FCOL.

Ships:
Each player chooses an empire, and creates a fleet of two ships worth up to 250 points total, from ship available in FCOL.

Asteroids:
Grey are standard asteroids, black are heavy asteroids.

Powerups:
This game uses power ups, that move outward from the dilthium source, and when grabbed are usually good for the owning ship.

Powerups move at Speed 8 (after seeking weapons). Spawn on impulses 4 and 8 (including 8 before the game starts). Roll d6 for direction, re-rolling if it duplicates the previous roll. They radiate out from the dilithium asteroid.

To grab a powerup, simply move into its hex. Grabbing immediately (on that impulse) grants:
1. +d6 energy (added immediately)
2. +d6 repair points (added at the end of turn repair phase)
3. +d6 shield points (added immediately)
4. +d6 damage to next volley (applies to the next volley only)
5. + 1 Free HET
6. d6 damage to shield that ran into it.

Grabbing Crystals:
Each transporter can beam one crystal per turn aboard a ship.
A shuttle can land on the asteroid and return, bringing two crystals aboard.
Boarding parties cannont land on the asteroid.

Crystals aboard destroyed ships or shuttles remain in that hex and can be recovered by transporter.

A hit and run against another ship can target a crystal. If the raid is both successful and the marine not lost, the crystal is stolen.
If a ship is captured then all crystals belong to the owner of the captured ship.

Alliances:
Players may form temporary alliances during the scenario, but are not bound by them. remember- the object is for you to win. You are either a winner or a loser. LOL

Time limit:
The game ends when only one fleet has ships left, or at the end of turn 8.

Victory:
The most crystals win. Each crystal grants 10 points. (Each fleet smaller than the largest given a head start equal to 10% the difference in fleet size from the largest fleet, rounded off)
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there if I can, as ever I can't be sure as early evening is a bit of a funny time for me, may be busy, or eating sunday dinner or may be free.

Last week the Gorns did well in the asteroids, might look at taking em for a spin again.
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't believe I didn't get the kill on Gar1138's Lyran. Left both of us a sitting duck for you. Three ships entered, only the Gorn came out. Good flying.
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to update the client and your library. New fixes are in, and there are a lot more ships to play with in the library.
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 ships entered, but 2 were crewed by pussies Laughing

Kzinti and lyran all look the same - tufty ears, whiskers, fur, go meow, and taste good after being flash fried plasma style.

But, the bit I remember is that he spent most of the time running like a pussy cat, taking gorn phasers up the backside, and fending off gorn marines and ate 3 gorn plasmas through down shields. OK the 2 of you might have scratched each other a bit up front whilst I was arming plasma... but the kills were clearly mine Twisted Evil

It was a fantastic game. Hope I'm available this sunday.
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheheheh, and my performance this Sunday wasn't any better. Bah, this coming Sunday I will redeem myself! Smile

Garrett
storeylf
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric won this week, I just couldn't catch his more manouverable fast cruiser amongst the asteroids, and with it getting late (at my end) I gave the game to him. I was never to going to catch up on the crystal collection.

However, I can't complain, the 3rd command cruiser in 2 weeks died to the might of the Gorns. You could practically smell the fear emanating from the Lord Bishop, oh wait, no, that was just the funny hydran gasses leaking out all of the holes. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: