Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't believe I waited this long to sign up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jiraiya1969
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: I can't believe I waited this long to sign up! Reply with quote

I have been putting this off forever and finally signed up, and proceeded to play my first SFB games in like a decade!

I is hooked! Smile

Sar
mojo_billbo
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'm enjoy Federation Commander a lot and I find it's much easier to find players on FCOL then try to "grow" some locally.
Drew Klenotic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mojo_billbo wrote:
Excellent! I'm enjoy Federation Commander a lot and I find it's much easier to find players on FCOL then try to "grow" some locally.

See, I find that funny. I almost never see any FCOL people in there. I see a lot of SFB from time to time, but almost no one in the FC waiting area. Every once in a blue moon, I'll see a game in progress, but I must be missing something.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Us FCOLers tend to set up matches and rarely hang out looking for a game. This is probably because there are less FCOLers online.

If you want to play a game, PM me.
Drew Klenotic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to be honest, one of the things that keeps me kinda out of FCOL games is that they usually want to be using Skype or something (it's now even recommended in the tournament rules). I really don't like voice chat at all. I'm a bit hearing impaired so I'm constantly asking people to repeat themselves, especially if the connection isn't good and we have to use a lower bitrate.

So I'm going to keep buying FC stuff for face to face games, since my brother and friends are getting kinda excited at the idea of a more streamlined game, but stick to SFB for my OL fix.
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garett and I use skype because it lets the game run faster, as we can commmunicate like at a table. However, we ALWAYS consider this an opion, and if you want to play sans Skype, just ask. It's cool.
pinecone
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skype is a convienience to some, but if it is a detriment to you, then it is certainly not neccesary Smile And I'm also up for a gmae now and then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> FC & SFB Online! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: