Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Excellent e23 Support for the Ship Cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Excellent e23 Support for the Ship Cards Reply with quote

I just bought into this system and I am quite impressed. However, what I am most happy about is that all of the errata for the ship cards that come with Klingon Armada and Alien Armada has been corrected in the e23 versions of those ship cards. Well done!

The only thing I would suggest is to do the same thing for the Klingon Armada rulebook. The missing Range-Based ROF rule in particular can be pretty annoying to a new player until you either find the Majestic Twelve website (where the missing rule is posted with the errata) or you purchase Romulan Armada.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even aware of this problem, but if you get Daniel to send me the rule and instructions for where it goes, maybe I can deal with it, if there is room on the page.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. I'll try to contact Daniel about it.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
mj12games
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that you don't have to go searching the mj12games forum for the information, the following text is missing from page 28:

A range-based ROF weapon has its ROF value decrease as the range to the target increases. When attacking a target at short range with such a weapon, its ROF value is tripled; when attacking a target at medium range, the ROF value is doubled.

JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve -- It (the Ranged-Based ROF rule as Daniel has posted above) can be copied from the lower right corner of page 29 of Romulan Armada and ideally pasted between the "Fighter-Exclusive" and "Slow-Firing" rules that span pages 28 and 29 of Klingon Armada.

There is one other price of errata in Klingon Armada. The values in the "Station" column in the upper right of page 27 of Klingon Armada need to be changed to match the values in the "Station" column in the upper right corner of page 28 of Romulan Armada.

I am sure Daniel can confirm that correction as well.

Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If somebody will email me that correctiion it will be in my "to do list" and get done.
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve -- As you requested, I have sent you an e-mail with the Klingon Armada rules corrections. Thanks.

Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profound thanks to the seven people who sent me the information, and to Jim for making sure there don't need to be eight.

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Starmada and Klingon Armada All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: