Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RRB6 Missing Andromedan TR Beams (4S)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gar1138
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: RRB6 Missing Andromedan TR Beams (4S) Reply with quote

It appears that the Reference Rule Book (rev 6) is missing the Andromedan TR Beam (4S) rules. Is there any chance of getting a revised version via e23 with rule (4S) included? Thanks,

Garrett
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking on that. Sounds like the wyn radiation problem from RRB5. Mike sent me a list of things to do, didn't include that, and "assumed" that I'd check the relevant books for missing bits. I "assumed" that if I did his list I didn't have to check the relevant books.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope this gets in to the printed version in time for shipping. Good catch, Garrett Smile
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes it is a good catch, but it is very bad that it was there to be found. Sad

And, no, it wasn't in time. Hopefully, it wasn't too many, though.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
JimDauphinais
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The experience suggests releasing a product on e23 a day or two before starting any printing. It won't guarantee everthing like this would be caught, but it increases the odds that these types of issues would be caught.

Proofreading and playtesting are only so deep. The large number of fresh enthusiastic eyes that look at a new product within the first day or two of release vastly increases the chance of finding things that are missing or errors that have not been caught.

St. Louis Area Fed Comm Group: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/STL_Federation_Commander/
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you guys let us know when the TR beams are incorporated into the e23 rrb6 rulebook, and I will buy one. If the TR beams are missing from the printed rrb6 I will not be buying one, unfortunately. Shame, really, as I had been looking forward to that product Sad

As a corollary, then, please can anyone recommend a decent, cheap-ish portable device that is capable of reading pdf files?
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang wrote:
As a corollary, then, please can anyone recommend a decent, cheap-ish portable device that is capable of reading pdf files?

Tony,
My wife received a Kindle for her Xmas present. I immediately downloaded the PDF version 5 RRB to it.
While not as user friendly as a .mobi document, I had no trouble navigating the PDF.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The staff is doing a review of RRB6 to make sure that everything gets fixed in RRB6a. We should have that uploaded by Monday.

If you bought or buy an e23 then you'll get an email that eRRB6a is there and you can go get it free. If you want eRRB6a you can go buy eRRB6 right now and you'll get the updated one Monday.

As for hard copy books bought from ADB. If you buy one right now, you'll get the RRB6a (when it's finished, probably Monday) since we have no RRB6s (we burned them all, which cost a bunch of money, but it was the right thing to do) so your order (even placed last Monday) will be held until RRB6a is ready.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting eMRB6 uploaded before we shipped pRRB6 was kind of an accident, since this is an update with no new stock number.

I suspect that the retailers would go insane if we put, say, eC3A on e23 before we shipped pC3A. On the other hand, maybe not. I may ask my good friend Steve Jackson what he thinks, since he has experience with this.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Cole wrote:
As for hard copy books bought from ADB..... your order (even placed last Monday) will be held until RRB6a is ready.

That is so way cool of you, Steve, thanks! Smile
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick response and the time spent checking and re-updating the rulebook! This is definitely one of the (many) reasons that ADB stands as one of the BEST companies when it comes to customer service.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kang wrote:

Not really helpful, I know, but my iPad (expensive) is great for viewing the RRB with both the Stanza and Cloudreaders apps, which are both free!

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OGOPTIMUS wrote:
Thank you for the quick response and the time spent checking and re-updating the rulebook! This is definitely one of the (many) reasons that ADB stands as one of the BEST companies when it comes to customer service.

I'll second that Smile
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trail of funny screw ups continues. I sent the FC staff a copy of eRRB6.0 the other day, and wondered why none of them sent reports by the deadline. Then the F&E staff asked why I had sent them an FC rulebook to review. Seems when I typed "F" the computer "Leapt to the conclusion" that it was supposed to go to "F&E" not "FC". Anyway, the file was sent out last night and the guys were given until Monday to respond. I suspect it will be Tuesday or Wednesday before RRB6.1 exists, but. well, it's just funny what happens when you try to fix something.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is the original topic on the subject, this is the "(4S) is missing" topic I am keeping. I am deleting the others to keep things cleaner (and because Steve asked).

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: