Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to Identify Old Miniatures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edsel
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Trying to Identify Old Miniatures Reply with quote

After being completely out of the SFB universe for about 15 years I am finally getting back in thanks to Federation Commander. I have a fairly large collection of miniatures from those days gone by and I know what most, but not all of them, are. I am going to post some pictures of some of the painted miniatures that I have whose identity I am unsure of. Please help me identify these ships. These first three are all Kzinti miniatures.

Ship Kzinti 1:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/Edsel62/?action=view&current=Kzinti1A.jpg
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/Edsel62/?action=view&current=Kzinti1B.jpg

Last edited by Edsel on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Edsel
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: The Second Unidentified Ship Reply with quote

Here is the ship I am calling Kzinti 2:

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/Edsel62/?action=view&current=Kzinti2A.jpg
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/Edsel62/?action=view&current=Kzinti2B.jpg

Last edited by Edsel on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edsel
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: The Third Unidentified Ship Reply with quote

Here is the ship I am calling Kzinti 3:

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/Edsel62/?action=view&current=Kzinti3A.jpg
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/Edsel62/?action=view&current=Kzinti3B.jpg

I have one more Kzinti and a single Federation ship I am unsure about. But right now I am having to recharge the batteries in my digital camera. Thanks for any help you can give me. If it would help to have a front or rear view of any of these ships let me know.
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like #1 and #2 are both DN. #3 I'm less sure about, but it looks like a CL.
Edsel
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current belief, after looking at the miniatures that the Amarillo Design Bureau now sells, is that Kzinti 2 is indeed a dreadnought. I am currently thinking that Kzinti 1, which is larger, is a Super Space Control Ship, but my memory is pretty foggy and I could be wrong.

Kzinti 1 has split engines and the hull stays pretty much full thickness even up in the forward area. The DN has a thiner hull in the forward section. I am pretty sure that this is a ship that has not been done for Federation commander yet, and I don't know of any plans to eventually make a FC version of it.
djdood
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm by no means a Kzinti guy, but #3 looks to be the CVE mini.
Edsel
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Identities Discovered. Reply with quote

Though sources elsewhere on the web (Google searching and The Miniatures Page) I have positively managed to identify the ships.

#1 is a Kzinti Space Control Ship
#2 is a Kzinti Dreadnought
#3 is a Kzinti War Destroyer
Sneaky Scot
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edsel,

Kzinti Dn is indeed in Fed Cdr. I think it is in Klingon Border.
junior
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in Klingon Attack, actually.
toastie
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Identities Discovered. Reply with quote

Edsel wrote:
Though sources elsewhere on the web (Google searching and The Miniatures Page) I have positively managed to identify the ships.

#1 is a Kzinti Space Control Ship
#2 is a Kzinti Dreadnought
#3 is a Kzinti War Destroyer

I think you're right on #1 and #2, but I'm pretty sure #3 is the BC. The hull is too thick, and the engines are too big for a DW. Plus, it has the aft phaser-3 mounts on the sides of the rear hull that the BC has that the DW does not. Also, I'm pretty sure the DW has a phaser-1 mount at the very front of the forward hull, and I just don't see it on the mini.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Toastie.
# 1 is the old SCS
#2 is the DN
#3 is a BC

Check out the images of the painted DW squadron and the BC on my website below.
Edsel
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have been told both here and on The Miniatures Page that #3 is a BC. So I guess it is, thanks for the help everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Miniatures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: