Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convention Event: Texicon 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Convention Event: Texicon 2011 Reply with quote

Folks,
I will be running a multi-player Federation Commander game at this years Texicon. The scenario is Combat Rally and features the Starline miniatures on a 8' x 8' playing surface.

No experience necessary; will teach! Very Happy

Texicon 2011 (http://www.texicon.net) runs from May 20 - 22, in Ft Worth, Texas. See the website for registration and hotel information.

Note that the Federation Commander event is listed under miniature games.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad it wasn't this past weekend a I was in the DFW area... Oh well. maybe I'll be back in May.
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer!
I hope things work out - you'd be most welcome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event is now posted on our page on Facebook. Feel free to mark your attendance there (remember that it is an unofficial site and you still have to register at Texicon).

You may wish to contact SVC about con support if you haven't already. Here's information: http://www.starfleetgames.com/sfb/tournament/tourn_main.shtml

We wish you the best of luck!
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jean!

jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates on this event at Texicon:

• There will be two games, Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m and Saturday 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
  • Ships will include Federation, Klingon, Kzinti, Lyran, Romulan (Eagle, Kestrel, and Hawk), Hydran, Tholian, ISC, and Frax.
  • No experience necessary; will teach!

jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that if you're in the Fort Worth area Saturday, come on down to Texicon for some Federation Commander fun!

Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can remember two or three months ago spending one whole staff meeting arguing that "We can squeeze a trip to texicon into the pre-Origins schedule" and being laughed at. Turns out, they were right and i was a wishful thinker.
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry things didn't work out for the TexiCon trip, SVC.

For anyone in the Ft Worth area the next FedCom session is this evening @ 7:00. Y'all come on down to the downtown Sheraton!

jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Convention Report

The setup of TexiCon 2011 was well done; the game rooms were all close together and the table density was good - you could move around but still have lots of playable space.

For the two Federation Commander games, I had a good sized table (10' x 6') which accommodated both 4' x 8' star-field game mats with enough room to display the ships. For the two sessions, I had only 1 player pre-register and he was a no-show. The first (morning) session didn't have any participants but overall attendance was light. The second (evening) session had 3 players, 2 old SFB'ers (pre-Commander's Edition players) and 1 current FedCom player. They enjoyed the scenario (Combat Rally) and spent a good 45 minutes after the session discussing the changes between FC and the old zip-lock game.

Turn out for the entire convention was moderate for Dallas, but would be considered low for anywhere else. I wonder why Dallas cons are so under-attended (is that even a word?). That being said, it was up from last year.

Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report and for running the demo. Please remember to do the Ranger "paperwork"!
rexbinary
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really planned to make it to one of the games, but unfortunately I was not able to be there. Sorry I missed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Federation Commander News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: