Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can a drone het as first move

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: can a drone het as first move Reply with quote

Can a drone het to hit its target as its first move or is it required to move one space forward first.

Thanks
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: can a drone het as first move Reply with quote

ericphillips wrote:
Can a drone het to hit its target as its first move or is it required to move one space forward first.

Thanks

From the RRB6b:
Quote:
Drones can make one High Energy Turn (2D2) during their entire time on the map, can only make this if doing so would mean hitting the target immediately, and must do so if they can hit the target by doing so.

The drone must move forward for it's first move... unless it would hit it's target by utilizing a HET, in which case it must indeed HET.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'dad got it before me ...

Federation Commander Answer Guy
ericphillips
Commander

Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA, Sol, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Universe Beta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what i thought. Thnax
Tiigo
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought drones had to be launched with their target in the drones front arc. Wouldn't that eliminate the need for an immediate het? I guess I am having a hard time picturingthe scenario the would cause this.
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiigo wrote:
I thought drones had to be launched with their target in the drones front arc. Wouldn't that eliminate the need for an immediate het? I guess I am having a hard time picturingthe scenario the would cause this.

A ship moving at speed 24+1 that is in arc during launch phase, but then moves out of the front arc during the two movement phases between Drone Launch and drone movement.

that's just one example. There are many other possibilities.
ericphillips
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was launched at a ship one hex in front of it, in direction B.The target was facing E, had just slipped and had not fulfilled his turn mode. I launched, having the drone aimed at direction B.

Next impulse the dude HETs, turns to face F, and moves one space. He did this because his #1 shield was very damaged.

Normally, if the drone was already in flight, it would simply turn and enter that hex, but this was the first movement of the drone, that came ofter the HET and movement of the target.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: