Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SSDs for Module R4 reprinted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: SSDs for Module R4 reprinted Reply with quote

The SFB Module R4 SSD book has been reprinted so any new copies of R4 ordered from ADB or any spare parts SSD books ordered from ADB are the new version. Still, many copies of R4 with the old SSD book are in the hands of wholesalers and retailers and while new ones will reach some stores in days, some stores will have old ones for years.

Module R4: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=5609&Category_Code

SSD book for R4: http://store.starfleetstore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=5609-3&Category_Code
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean,

What was wrong with the old R4? I know there is a list of errata on the website, is this version just incorporating the items from that list into the product now? Or was there some major problem?

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ADB, Inc. starts running low on a module that pre-dates the print-on-demand engine, I know that Steven Petrick starts to work on things. He usually incorporates errata, adds a Crawford Box, and tries to make sure that all the A HULL boxes are converted to R HULL boxes. I am not sure what was done on this project, but I will include a mention of the topic in my morning report to the Steves so your question will be addressed.
Krellex
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Crawford Box. A beast more dreaded than a cranky purple dragon on Thursday at 2:38 pm.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On SFB Module R4 ...

Here is the additional information I got from SPP:

As Module R4 predated the Plasma Sabot refit, appropriate data for the Sabot refit was included on all ships armed with plasma torpedoes.

And as Module R4 predated the Gorn Carronade, all Gorn SSDs had a Carronade table added (provided the ship had plasma-F torpedoes, of course).

Fighters (on ships with fighters) were updated, as were the fighter data tables to the new standard (showing the BPV of the fighter shown on the SSD).

New notes were added (such as reminders to see the rule for the firing arc of a plasma bolt).

Plasma-K tables were added to any ship with plasma-D armed fighters, or which had plasma-D racks. (The SSDs predated the plasma-K rules).

Admin Shuttle Tracks were adjusted to account for the later availability of "advanced shuttles".

Notes on the number of balcony positions a given ship had were added.

Various additions were made to the tug and LTT SSDs.

As usual, while every effort was made to minimize errors, any remaining errors are my fault and my fault alone, although I am grateful to those who helped in checking the SSDs as the project went forward.
OGOPTIMUS
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jean.

Newest Page | Newer Page | OLD Page
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you can see for yourself: Petrick has really outdone himself on the revision of the SSDs of Module R4. Check out the new version: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/12032/new_gorn_scs-1.pdf
vs. the old version: http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/12032/old_gorn_scs.pdf

Please ignore the footers as they are not correct on these images -- he used the setup for convenience's sake.

Petrick explains the differences:

Quote:

The New SCS has updated fighter data (G-12D fighters and a separate G-12E data table and graphic instead of just G-12s, and both fighter tables include the BPVs of the relevant fighter), the Sabot Torpedo Refit data, the Plasma Carronade table, the Plasma-K table, as well as the new refit format (the refit line under the ship data table includes the year the refit was available), the Crawford table, the advanced admin and GAS shuttles damage points, and the little note reminding people of where to find the rule for the firing arc of plasma bolts. The ship also includes known errata items, such as the note that "repair is destroyed on cargo damage points" and "A Hull" is now "R Hull".

Note that this ship technically should include the Sabot refit in its BPV due to its year in service, however, as the refit is not in Basic Set, but Module R10, for player convenience of those who do not have Module R10 (or the Master Rulebook) it is kept separate.

All of the SSDs in Module R4 were given a similar going over and updating; of course the ships without fighters were somewhat less intense.

I am really impressed with the information that Petrick managed to squeeze into the SSD. I think players will find it all quite useful. Very Happy
Drew Klenotic
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeze... I really need to update mine. Mine has the 1992 copyright....
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay.. its been a while since I played SFB (mostly FC and F&E now) so I gotta ask... What is a Crawford Table?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jean
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look on the new SSD, above Shield #2 you will see the Crawford Table (sometimes called the Crawford Box). The perhaps apocryphal story of how it came to be is here: http://federationcommander.blogspot.com/2010/09/crawford-saga.html

Enjoy!
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
captaincf
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: What is a plasma carronade?
Ravenhull
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a list of SSD books which have been updated so far?

Donovan Willett, USS Alabama
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

List of updated SSD books

R4

End of list.
Ravenhull
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thank you.

Donovan Willett, USS Alabama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: