Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drone Speed Upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blammo
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Drone Speed Upgrade Reply with quote

When I first read (4G3b) I interpreted it to say that if you upgrade the drones on a ship, all drones are upgrades. However, after rereading it today, I can see where it might be read that each drone you upgrade increases the point value of the ship.

So, which is correct? Do you have to upgrade every drone in all racks on a ship? Or could you just upgrade one rack (on a multi-rack ship) or just one drone out of a whole rack, for that matter? Or, could you just put one fast drone in each rack?
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In SFB, you can upgrade some, all, or none of the drones in a specific rack.. .and vary that load-out from rack to rack.

But I think, to keep the K.I.S.S. principal of Fed Comm, it would be an all or nothing proposition. Either upgrade (or downgrade) every drone on every rack of a ship - or none of them.
Kang
Fleet Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was clarified when the rule first came out, but I have forgotten the exact wording of the clarification.

However iirc, and also my interpretation has always been (not that we use fast drones anyway) but it's per drone that's ready at the start of the game.

So, a Fed CA will increase its point value by one point (because it carries two drones); a D7 by 4 points (8 drones ready to fire). A Kzinti FF, with four drone racks with 4 drones in each, would give you 8 points added to the point value.
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Point Value increase is for all drones carried by the ship at the start of the scenario. Kang's examples look good.

Also, this is a scenario support rule. You only get the option to use the faster drones when specified by a scenario. (Specifically by a scenario set in the "Late War" era.) In a pick-up game, you don't get to use the faster drones without the agreement of your opponent(s).

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Rules Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: