Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which rules are used in the tournament?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terryoc
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Which rules are used in the tournament? Reply with quote

I have a copy of the Master Rulebook for SFB, and I want to learn to play. (Learned from Basic Set, aaaages ago... must have been... Commander's edition? the box set had a Federation CA zapping a War Eagle on the cover...) so I'm familiar with the very basics.

Which rules are used in the tournament subset of SFB? (By rule number, if possible)? Or is there a web page listing which rules (by number) are in use?
Bolo_MK_XL
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be simpler to get a list of what isn't used --

Main thing that is used are Tournament Cruisers ----
There is a Tournament Module with the SSDs ---
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry,

You could alwys order a Basic Set rule book and a Module TR Tournament Reference pack.

that would give you exactly all the rules needed to play the tournament.
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I hate to disagree with 'dad, Terry said he already has the SFB Master Rulebook, ergo getting those two rules books would be highly redundant.

Instead, I recommend getting the Tournament Wars module. It will have the tournament ships, the tournament scenarios, and will explicitly list all rules used in the tournament. Granted, the tournament ships have likely been superseded since Module T was published, but you can download the replacements easily enough.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Scoutdad
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true... he does have all the rules already, so it would be redundant. I was just thinking about ADB's bottom line... Wink
Jeffr0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjwest wrote:
As much as I hate to disagree with 'dad, Terry said he already has the SFB Master Rulebook, ergo getting those two rules books would be highly redundant.

Instead, I recommend getting the Tournament Wars module. It will have the tournament ships, the tournament scenarios, and will explicitly list all rules used in the tournament. Granted, the tournament ships have likely been superseded since Module T was published, but you can download the replacements easily enough.

Module T has counters, a map, ship SSD's, and tons of tactical notes. It would be a great companion to the MRB-- though newbie players used to make fun of the color blobs on the map back when I would teach the game. Those comments went away when I started using the all-black map in Basic Set.
kinshi
Lieutenant JG

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever come up with a method of converting/balancing out other classes of ships against each other for use with the Tournament rules?

Like Tournament Frigates or Destroyers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: