Federation Commander Forum Index Federation Commander
A NEW fast paced board game of starship combat!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counter Updates?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Counter Updates? Reply with quote

I am wondering if there are any plans to update the counters in the older products to the new highly detailed, full color format as found in the latest modules?

Maybe as modules go out of stock?

If this is done, could the updated counter sheets be sold separately, like spare parts?
mjwest
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the plan: they are redone as they go out of stock.

And countersheets have always been available as spare parts. ADB already does that.

Federation Commander Answer Guy
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counters are incredibly expensive to produce. The minimum is about a thousand bucks investment, which is why we don't reprint counters until we run out of old ones. We won't run out of any SFB counters this year, or next year. So there are PLANS to do new improved counters, but those plans are for when we run out of the existing stock years from now. The financial realities are what they are. We don't sell enough copies of, say, Module C3 to pay for a reprint of the countersheets that we don't need, and don't imagine for a second that we'd sell enough "new" counters by mail order to pay for doing them over. The highest spare parts sales of the new counters we have done so far is not 10% enough to pay for doing another sheet over.
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve and Mike.

I figured the answer would be something along those lines.

Makes sense to me.
Steve Cole
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was a way to do counters by Print-On-Demand but there isn't.

Well, there is, BUT, they cost about eight times as much and a minimum print run of 100 costs 80% as much as a regular run of 1000, so the point is kind of irrelevant.
jmt
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Counter Updates? Reply with quote

Burning Chrome wrote:
I am wondering if there are any plans to update the counters in the older products to the new highly detailed, full color format as found in the latest modules?

Maybe as modules go out of stock?

If this is done, could the updated counter sheets be sold separately, like spare parts?

If you don't want to wait, you can order the Federation Commander counter sheets. This will have some of the new art ships.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Burning Chrome
Lieutenant SG

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Counter Updates? Reply with quote

jmt wrote:
If you don't want to wait, you can order the Federation Commander counter sheets. This will have some of the new art ships.

Excellent point.

However, most of the ships I'm looking for don't yet exist in FC yet, though I could use substitutes.

Fortunately, at least for the D6M, the mini exists.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Federation Commander Forum Index -> Star Fleet Battles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: